1. Hadrian

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
    Former Staff

United States
    Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble & Star Wars Episode III are far far better than this. I guess this is all we're gonna get, its not like these games sell.

2. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Don't forget TMNT3: Mutant Nightmare. One of the best beat'em ups in a Nintendo handheld, IMO.

(Sorry for the bad quality video, it's the best I could find.)

3. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer
    Former Staff

United States
    Well, Double Trouble's better than a lot of DS games, in my opinion. But come on, you gotta love the humor here. The first mission has you beating the snot out of a bunch dudes for a dine-and-dash. [​IMG]

I'm liking it, though. Once you figure out to dash out of the way of everything, it can be pretty entertaining.

4. Smartpal

Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    What the hell is it about? Boxart looks so-so.

5. ryukyus

ryukyus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    finally, I thought people were scared to upload this game or something.

just started playing, the graphic is real good, and the game play also, very nice game

6. Sarvesh50

Sarvesh50 Aye!

Netherlands
    old school [​IMG]

7. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....
    Former Staff

United States
    I like it. For me, it's certainly better than the plethora of boring RPG's we keep getting. I REALLY wish there would be more old-school goodness on the DS. I figured the DS and its weak specs would have been a haven for old-school games. It was why I bought a DS. Boy, was I wrong.

8. hova1

hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    if you're one of the people who doesn't like the game, then you're just not a cool enough dude. [​IMG]
    like Lewis Cannon [​IMG]

9. pilotwangs

pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

I'm finding this pretty fun actually, even though the controls are kinda a pain.

10. Jei

Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Brazil
    People were talking about March... come on, April is the best month right there [​IMG]

Was waiting for it. I've played the japanese and liked a lot - it's simple-minded fun and the story looks like a good laugh.

Also, everyone talking about Streets of Rage, I'm sad no one loves Double Dragon as much as I do...

11. moose3

moose3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So the consensus is if you like this genre, or tried the game and you wanted to like it but just couldn't... go for JEnesisDS+Streets of Rage. or NeoDS if the NeoGeo had any good side scrolling fighters?

12. DS1

DS1 伝説のサラリーマン

United States
    Yeah me too, Double Dragon was always my favorite. But of course, Streets of Rage was Genesis, while NES and SNES had Double Dragon 1-3 and Super. Anyway I don't know what that has to do with this terrible game.

13. 754boy

754boy :D
    Banned

United States
    I think its because side scrolling brawlers are super rare these days. I grew up on stuff like Double Dragon and Final Fight and those were some of the best time I had as a kid, especially multiplayer. This game is average at best but every now and then it feels good to just pull out a game and kick some ass. I sure hope someone revives Double Dragon though. [​IMG]

14. Speed Freak

Speed Freak GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I do like double dragon! Spent sooooo many hours playing it on my Sega Master System when I was a kid! I could beat the crap out of the bad guys and it was easy enough for me to beat the game (which I didn't manage to do on final fight, a few years later).

As for this game, as soon as I get home from work (3 hours from now) I'll give it a go!

15. GeekyGuy

Former Staff

United States
    [​IMG]

Yeah, just that name alone tells you all you need to know about the game's sense of humor (loose cannon). I'm also having a great time with it. I really didn't know what to expect after playing the little bit of the Japanese version I'd played, but I got used to the controls, and the game is funny as hell. A riot of people waiting for the launch of a new gaming system? Totally my kind of camp.

Only thing I'm kind of disappointed by is that they don't make use of those driving sequences for gameplay -- at least not that I've seen so far. The graphics are so good and the premise is right, that adding some short driving sequences would have been a great way to mix up the gameplay, I think.

Anyway, I think Tamsoft (you know...the guys and gals who gave us Onechanbara) did a fine job with this game. Great presentation, fun but simple beat`em-up gameplay, and a funny as hell story and characters.

16. HeatMan Advance

HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How did this topic come this far with no mention of Final Fight or any of the other Capcom beat 'em ups? They practically owned that era in arcades.

This game is fine to me. It has a lot of charisma and moves. I cut scenes are great and you get to use different guns one of which is part of your combos.

17. crook

crook GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    I don't wanna be an comic joe, ninja turtle or star wars muppet - I wanna be a cop and kill the bad guys (in the game) so this game wins!

18. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....
    Former Staff

United States

Erm....Genesis had Double Dragon too. 1-3 and 5. 5 was just a ono-on-one fighting game though.

I wonder if this game will unlock any difficulty levels after beating it. Seems kinda easy.

19. GeekyGuy

Former Staff

United States
    Wow! Well, I'll tell you one thing I DON'T like about this game is the save system. I just went back to the game after putting away for a bit, and I realized...it doesn't auto-save. I assumed because it brings you back to a map and doesn't ask you about saving, it auto-saved. When I left off, I had just finished the level where you play as the capt. recalling having met the kung fu dude in red. Now I have to redo everything before that. Holy shit! [​IMG]

20. Calafas

Calafas GBAtemp Fan

I didnt have a clue what to do in that level. I got to the second room I think, and went all the way thru it to some big old doors, that I couldnt get through? There was like something sparkly at the end of that room next to the door, but I couldnt do anything?

Also, I too assumed it was auto-save, but that was only 1 level in, so was'nt that bad [​IMG]

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - #3626, Tokyo, (USA)