DS #3584: Tennis no Oji-Sama: Doubles no Oji-Sama - Boys Be Glorious!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Mar 26, 2009.

1. T-hug
    OP

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    ^^ndsrelease-4725^^

2. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    man i want those games in english -.-

It it this time tennis only like the GBA ones or included Manager like in one of the DS games ?
    (i totaly love the idea to train the players and use them later with the trained stats so that you can make the chara as you want it to be)

I don't think there will be an english version like with so many other great anime based games -.-V

3. Swifty69

Member Swifty69 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This games box art certainly seems... different ? lol

Heck never judge a book by its cover, so ill give the game a go when its released in English.

4. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    Not tennis exactly, more like romance-sim. You can select famous lines of the characters to influence the outcome of matches, but not actually control what goes on: http://www.konami.jp/tenipuri/game/doubles...ture/index.html

5. Philosophy

Newcomer Philosophy Advanced Member

United States
    Man shit! I thought that this was going to be like to other tennis series that this title has out. When are developers going to get that you can't just downgrade your poly characters from your console sports game to the DS and figure that it will work? (Does not really apply to this game as the premise is different but yall get what I'm saying...) You will just have to knuckle bust and make your characters sprites. Fuck, that's what they did on the older consoles. We in the US need some good sport games for the DS. This series tennis games remind me of playing the tennis jaunt with my folks on the SMS. Good times. I read more on this site that I post but I have learned a couple of things. 1. Learn Japanese if you want to REALLY play ALL of the best games. 2. Sports games that they try and cram all their current gen graphics to the DS DO NOT WORK! Give us something like the SNES Madden or Bulls vs Blazers (Genesis) with up to date teams and moves we will be happy. OK, contract issues have us not getting the real players, but give us a real game. DS has a few genres on lock, RPG's being one of them. But can we get a PLAYABLE and ENJOYABLE sports game? Please? No dumbed down game like the "All Play" or whatever that is from EA Sports that comes out for Wii. (And screw sales, I still equate the Wii system to the All-In-One units that they sell around Christmas at the Mall.)

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    Man...!!! Do u know that the only decent and great tennis game for the DS is actually Prince of Tennis (the first one) and tht Topspin is not difficult neither is rafa nadal tennis that interesting...
    Please virtua tennis, get a good release like tht for the PC or PS3 (i know i am asking alot but hey turn yer eyes to the DS)

7. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    Yeah, Crystal Drive was the best tennis game and Power Pro (also by Konami) is the best baseball game. Now they just need to make a GOOD soccer game, hockey game, etc.

Developers need to realize they have to sacrifice graphics (and not by that much since those two games look great as is) in order to make a game that actually plays well. Almost every system-wide release is bound to be terrible for the DS because instead of trying to make a good DS game, they are trying to water down a console game. Look at GTA:CW, Rockstar actually made a DS game instead of watering down Liberty City Stories or something.

Anyway about this game specifically, did anyone ever play the Prince of Tennis RPG for GBA called Aim at the Victory? Sure it wasn't filled with hours of voice acting, but it was a much much much better game. The reason we aren't getting good Prince of Tennis games anymore is because the series has ended and it's not really popular with anyone anymore (in Japan) except the girls who still love the characters. Instead of making a game with interesting gameplay, they know they can reach their target audience's expectations by throwing together a thousand new conversations and plenty of voice acting. Konami isn't betraying the series' fans (Konami has way too much integrity for that) by making a boring game, because this is exactly what the fans who are left want.

My other theory is that the programmer teams who worked on the fun Prince of Tennis games left Konami, but I really can't see anyone doing that.

8. agony

Member agony GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    The series has a NEW sequel so perhaps you should expect more games from them. [​IMG]

9. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    What!? Will POT ever die? lol