DS #3576: Monsters Vs Aliens (Europe)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a 3D action game of some sort. I checked it out very briefly last night....as in, I didn't even finish the tutorial, briefly. It's another one of those games where you must use the various characters in the game to get through the levels. It really didn't look that bad and there was a lot of speech during what little bit I played. It appeared to use the d-pad and buttons primarily, but there would be times where you have to use the touchscreen to get past some obstacles.

It's based on a movie, so I imagine that's an instant deal-breaker for most people, but I might play it further since it didn't seem completely terrible.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
...I might play it further since it didn't seem completely terrible.

rofl2.gif

That's pretty much my only requisite, too, when it comes to playing free games.

I got it last night and will try it during another drought. Some of these movie-based games -- especially those published by Activision -- turn out to offer a fair bit of fun.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! This is actually a pretty fun game. There is speech throughout the game and the graphics are good (for a DS game). It appears you don't actually switch characters during the game, but every level uses a different character and they keep cycling through them every level as you play.....there are five different characters. Most levels are side-scrolling, but rendered in 3D, though a few have you moving into the screen. You have 3 difficulty levels to choose from.....I'm playing on normal. It doesn't really seem all that difficult, but some parts might take you an extra minute to figure out. It auto-saves after each level. All cutscenes are rendered in the game engine. Touchscreen use is sporadic and most of the time you are using the d-pad and buttons to play. I don't really know how good the movie will be, but this game seems pretty solid. One thing I'm wondering is how long the game will actually be considering all the in-game speech and the fact that's it's only a 64meg game (trims to 63.3megs).

As you go through the levels, you collect.....these little thingies......that you can use to upgrade your character's abilities and costumes.

Anyone who likes platformers should check this game out. I'm quite enjoying it, even if it does prove to be a short game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: