DS #3576: Monsters Vs Aliens (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Mar 25, 2009.

Mar 25, 2009
  1. T-hug
    OP

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    ^^ndsrelease-4717^^

2. Xylez

Newcomer Xylez Advanced Member

Netherlands
    What kind of game is this?

3. FlyingPretzel

Member FlyingPretzel GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    its from activation so it must be good :wtf:

4. halljames

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This looks very similar to Bolt

5. shamantimk

Newcomer shamantimk Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Fixed.

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    It's a 3D action game of some sort. I checked it out very briefly last night....as in, I didn't even finish the tutorial, briefly. It's another one of those games where you must use the various characters in the game to get through the levels. It really didn't look that bad and there was a lot of speech during what little bit I played. It appeared to use the d-pad and buttons primarily, but there would be times where you have to use the touchscreen to get past some obstacles.

It's based on a movie, so I imagine that's an instant deal-breaker for most people, but I might play it further since it didn't seem completely terrible.

7. agony

Member agony GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    This is based on a movie? I have never heard of it before.

8. DBMONK

Member DBMONK GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    yeah.... looks kinda ok.... but with GTA, avalon code and with FFCC out today as well.....
    i think this can take a back shelf for now XD

9. Rayder

United States
  10. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    [​IMG]

That's pretty much my only requisite, too, when it comes to playing free games.

I got it last night and will try it during another drought. Some of these movie-based games -- especially those published by Activision -- turn out to offer a fair bit of fun.

11. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    Doesen't look half bad. Movie games turn out to be fun sometimes. Might give it a go in between GTA and Henry Hatsworth

12. Rayder

United States
    Hey! This is actually a pretty fun game. There is speech throughout the game and the graphics are good (for a DS game). It appears you don't actually switch characters during the game, but every level uses a different character and they keep cycling through them every level as you play.....there are five different characters. Most levels are side-scrolling, but rendered in 3D, though a few have you moving into the screen. You have 3 difficulty levels to choose from.....I'm playing on normal. It doesn't really seem all that difficult, but some parts might take you an extra minute to figure out. It auto-saves after each level. All cutscenes are rendered in the game engine. Touchscreen use is sporadic and most of the time you are using the d-pad and buttons to play. I don't really know how good the movie will be, but this game seems pretty solid. One thing I'm wondering is how long the game will actually be considering all the in-game speech and the fact that's it's only a 64meg game (trims to 63.3megs).

As you go through the levels, you collect.....these little thingies......that you can use to upgrade your character's abilities and costumes.

Anyone who likes platformers should check this game out. I'm quite enjoying it, even if it does prove to be a short game.

13. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    Rayder gave a thumbs up to this which seems like it's worth getting but be prepared to wait some time for modem users