DS #3440: Legacy of Ys: Books 1 & 2 (USA)

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm... ill see how this one is.
yaynds.gif

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Ys, the ideal utopia..."

Originally I was poo-pooing the game because of the 3D GFX, but I really shouldn't complain. Essentially this is Ys Eternal for the DS with a few changes. The fact that the two are being released as a single package makes it worth it. Can't wait to hear the first field theme again!
biggrin.gif

moo422

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Goshogun1 said:

wow, that quote brings back memories .. i played the hell out of the PC-Engine / TG16 CD release, not knowing at all what to expect back in the day. who would have thought smashing into people would be so much fun. and i used to toss the CD straight into a CD player (discman and boomboxes) for the audio tracks -- friggin epic for the time.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the audio of the CD version. It reminds me of certain anime set in similar settings.

I guess I'll finish up Ys II with this version.

Splutterbug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been really looking forward to this one, I was going to buy this on the wii VC a while back but I always prefer retro and rpg games hand held.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Will be trying this one sometime tonight, after homework lol
happy.gif
because I'm tdetermined to prove myself wrong about this game, I called it a bagga you know what so let's put this bagga you know what to the test
biggrin.gif
Besides it seems like a simple RPG, luckily, I can't get into stuff with all these stats and espers and summons e.c.t simplest RPG ever, Mario and luigi PiT
Hopes this has geat music to compensate for graphics

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been out of the new games for a while (read since before the US release of Zelda) but I am collecting games with engines good for hacking and this looks to be one of the better ones.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot how hard the game is in the beginning. the "combat" sure was something. Still, this was one of my favorite games (book 1 and 2) on the TG16 CD.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moo422 said:
Goshogun1 said:

wow, that quote brings back memories .. i played the hell out of the PC-Engine / TG16 CD release, not knowing at all what to expect back in the day. who would have thought smashing into people would be so much fun. and i used to toss the CD straight into a CD player (discman and boomboxes) for the audio tracks -- friggin epic for the time.

LOL I did the same thing with Ys 1&2 to listen to the music. Same with 3&4. That stuff rocked!
I remember the first time I played Ys 1&2 on the Turbo-CD. It was truly a perfect game, and I must have beaten 5 times.

moo422

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Goshogun1 said:
moo422 said:
Goshogun1 said:

LOL I did the same thing with Ys 1&2 to listen to the music. Same with 3&4. That stuff rocked!
I remember the first time I played Ys 1&2 on the Turbo-CD. It was truly a perfect game, and I must have beaten 5 times.

... i .. never played .. 3 & 4... i knew 3 was out on the SNES, but didn't investigate further.
off-topic, but did you ever play Wonder Boy: Monster Island on the T-CD? music was amazing there as well.

just when i think i'm alone in a sea of anklebiters, i'm relieved to see compatriots who lived/fought through the 8/16-bit era.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game is remarkably easy now that you have an attack button. (After you pick up a sword anyway)
I'm not too big a fan of the look either, I would've prefered something similar to YsI&II Complete remake on the PC.

Oh well, at least the audio is decent enough with headphones.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gacktgacktgackt said:
I would have prefered a DS port of The Oath in Felghana (AKA The only Ys game that is in any way decent) but oh well!
Hey now, 6 and Origins were good too.

==================

Upon further playing, the game is REALLY easy now that there's an attack button.
This might change later on but, if you've played YsI&II before I'm going to have to suggest playing on Nightmare.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Zarcon said:
gacktgacktgackt said:
I would have prefered a DS port of The Oath in Felghana (AKA The only Ys game that is in any way decent) but oh well!
Hey now, 6 and Origins were good too.

==================

Upon further playing, the game is REALLY easy now that there's an attack button.
This might change later on but, if you've played YsI&II before I'm going to have to suggest playing on Nightmare.

Stylus mode has the old system of running into the enemy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.