DS #3440: Legacy of Ys: Books 1 & 2 (USA)

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
gacktgacktgackt said:
I would have prefered a DS port of The Oath in Felghana (AKA The only Ys game that is in any way decent) but oh well!
Hey now, 6 and Origins were good too.

==================

Upon further playing, the game is REALLY easy now that there's an attack button.
This might change later on but, if you've played YsI&II before I'm going to have to suggest playing on Nightmare.

As was Ys III on the Genesis.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
Zarcon said:
gacktgacktgackt said:
I would have prefered a DS port of The Oath in Felghana (AKA The only Ys game that is in any way decent) but oh well!
Hey now, 6 and Origins were good too.

==================

Upon further playing, the game is REALLY easy now that there's an attack button.
This might change later on but, if you've played YsI&II before I'm going to have to suggest playing on Nightmare.

Stylus mode has the old system of running into the enemy.
Kind of...it just "presses" the attack button when in range.
Which actually makes it EASIER than button controls as there's no chance to mistime your attack. XD

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ESRB: "Teen"
Alcohol Reference
Animated Blood
Mild Fantasy Violence
Mild Language
Mild Suggestive Themes
Partial Nudity
Tobacco Reference

...Interesting. Hope this isn't turn base strategy, I hate those.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Zaiga said:
Wasn't expecting this game anytime soon.. Wasn't Noitora doing a translation before?

He stopped when the localisation was announced

QUOTE...Interesting. Hope this isn't turn base strategy, I hate those.

Hack and slash.

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
Loved part one on the Sega Master System, hated part 3 on the Snes, loved the music on the PC engine one, but never played it as I had the game, but never bothered buying a CD rom drive for it...Can't wait to try this and to finally play part 2!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
But for us Europeans he was Aron....far better than Adol and i'll never like him as much this way...and surely it's Dark Dekt not Fact!

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, not sure if maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but it's not loading on my EDGE 1.44 (or whatever the latest OS is)- anyone else having this problem? Or, is anyone using EDGE and Not having this problem?

D

DarkKnight

It's hard to say that this port sucks. Ys by its nature is a fun game so I can't hate on it too much, but this port is just a sloppy job. The controls are iffy, it looks like all the sprites float a foot above the ground, the music is meh, even the pacing is all off.

Ys I&II Eternal Complete for the PC are much better ports of these games in almost every possible way. Even the fan translation done for it is much better than the new one.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im surprised that people are still so excited about this game even though it has been ported about a million time on every system you can think of.

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another over priced piece of crap, the gameplay sucks, and repetitive, almost feel like a freaking bot, nothing about this game makes me wanna wow, danm it I can't for psp, until then I'm just gonna force myself to play Blue dragon plus, I don't know if it's just me but lately nds games have been sucking a lot, I'll try to wait for the march line up.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
manobon said:
So, not sure if maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but it's not loading on my EDGE 1.44 (or whatever the latest OS is)- anyone else having this problem? Or, is anyone using EDGE and Not having this problem?
yes I am using edge 1.44 firmware works great. I got no problems at all.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
yay it's here
biggrin.gif

rush off to play it

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aw, they removed the option to uh...figure out...Feena's three sizes.
Instead she just says that it's cramped in the place you brought her to.

Crono2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something? I started the game but nobody really says to go anywhere, just somebody giving out information about the land I just showed up to. When I head out of town the enemies kill me almost immediately and I'm only taking off one hp at a time. Should I really be dying in 4 hits?

Also, are there any anti-piracy things for this game like CT DS or DQ V?

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crono2000 said:
Am I missing something? I started the game but nobody really says to go anywhere, just somebody giving out information about the land I just showed up to. When I head out of town the enemies kill me almost immediately and I'm only taking off one hp at a time. Should I really be dying in 4 hits?

Also, are there any anti-piracy things for this game like CT DS or DQ V?
On the non-gameplay/status screen it tells you your current objective.
You need to talk to everyone and then talk to Slagf(sp?) last. He'll give you a sword and your objective will be updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."