moogle.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm
(i would refrain from asking those questions in case you dont wanna get flamed for being a noob)

some form of RPG i think
and from the looks of the boxart font and the main character, its actually girl themed!

zackfiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh snap, its out.

Yes, the main character is a girl, but don't let that stop you from playing it! It's supposedly humorous in a few ways, including entrance upon battle, story line and some others I can guess.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From IGN:
QUOTE said:
Elise is a beautiful princess who has been given everything she's ever wanted. Upon turning 15, she realizes there's only one thing in the world she lacks -- a handsome boyfriend. She sets out to remedy this by asking her father to hold a ball in her honor, to which every prince from every kingdom is invited to come and try their hand at wooing her. However, only one young man catches Elise's eye, and, as it turns out, he is no prince, but an adventurer. Knowing that fate itself has ordained him as her true love, she confesses her desire to share in his life ... Only to be flat out rejected, unless she can proves herself to be a worthy adventurer on her own. And so, much to the Kingdom's shock and dismay, Elise, the clueless princess, sets out on her adventure! It's her world, her way, and as long as she can help the weak, slay the monsters, and win enough fame, she'll get her happily ever after!
mellow.gif

Rebellion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently, the game is supposed to be unique, like you can change the landscapes/experience rates/money rates in this game with points. Or something like that. *reads wiki again*. Yeah, something like that.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
From the IGN review, it takes a lot of the good things about the Master of the Monster Lair engine and adds a funny and well written storyline on top of it with much better characters. It's an RPG with random battles, but you use Pout Points (the games take on Magic Points) to customize almost every facet of the game, such as random encounter spawn frequency, level of monsters you are fighting, XP gained from the battles, you name it.

They gave it an 8.0 and praised it's innovation, so I think it'll find a niche in the American RPG fan's sights a lot better than Master of the Monster Lair did.

Edit: Random boxart observation - that pose and the guy who is a bit miffed behind the lead character remind me quite a bit of the anime Slayers, as does the general tone of the story. So those afraid that this is a "girl RPG" might want to think of it like that series instead.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
From IGN:
QUOTE said:
Elise is a beautiful princess who has been given everything she's ever wanted. Upon turning 15, she realizes there's only one thing in the world she lacks -- a handsome boyfriend. She sets out to remedy this by asking her father to hold a ball in her honor, to which every prince from every kingdom is invited to come and try their hand at wooing her. However, only one young man catches Elise's eye, and, as it turns out, he is no prince, but an adventurer. Knowing that fate itself has ordained him as her true love, she confesses her desire to share in his life ... Only to be flat out rejected, unless she can proves herself to be a worthy adventurer on her own. And so, much to the Kingdom's shock and dismay, Elise, the clueless princess, sets out on her adventure! It's her world, her way, and as long as she can help the weak, slay the monsters, and win enough fame, she'll get her happily ever after!
mellow.gif
i guess its the american way.
have it your way
burgerking.jpg

aimansss95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rebellion said:
Apparently, the game is supposed to be unique, like you can change the landscapes/experience rates/money rates in this game with points. Or something like that. *reads wiki again*. Yeah, something like that.

really?
maybe i pass...who knows! maybe i'll become gay playing this game! maybe i'll get it for my little sister

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spent twenty minutes running through it, and its definately not bad
there are some funny quirks but i totally felt gay going through the opening story line
but it seems pretty solid.

worth a look?? yes, i think so

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hot Damn! Finally out (not that kind of out, it's not a girly game). This should have all the trimmings of a good RPG. Plus a bizarre story and characters to keep your interest. Thank you Atlus (by the way I'm buying the cart soon).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn