DS #3333: Big Bang Mini (USA)

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help out an idiot who can't figure out the Aurora bonus levels?

I know you tap the numbers to clear them of snow/ice, but I can't seam to get past 1. Do you have to clear a number, then pass the cursor over it, clear the next, lather rinse repeat?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a bit late to the party but first impressions of this game are pretty damn good. The production values are great and the game's obviously been made taking into consideration all the strengths and weaknesses of the format. Plus the enemies remind me of Parodius. The only thing that disappoints me is the music, from the screenshots etc I got into my head the music would be excellent with some really quirky, catchy tunes but it's just meh.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm already on Paris world
biggrin.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Donato_Dobango said:
Can someone help out an idiot who can't figure out the Aurora bonus levels?

I know you tap the numbers to clear them of snow/ice, but I can't seam to get past 1. Do you have to clear a number, then pass the cursor over it, clear the next, lather rinse repeat?

Only tap until the number is visible, if you tap again after you've revealed it you break the numebr and fail. Expose all the numbers, then join them up like in Hong Kong.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

I bet I was overclicking much much.

Edit: While going back throughout the Aurora levels to complete the bonuses, I was greeted with a visit from the Great Randomizer, who brought me to the "Retro Zone." What followed was a bonus before the stage that looked like a cracked out Atari game. As the Great Randomizer said before it started "There is no logic here." The Great Randomizer might also be emo, since after you fail it, he shuts a door in your face saying "We may never meet again."

Very excellent easter egg/random occurrence.

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just reached New York. This game is great, I love the fact that new and interesting elements introduced in each stage. So far my favorite area has been Luxor. I miss the mirror shield. :'(

So far the only thing that I've disliked about the game is that the bonus areas aren't always easy to figure out and I have to replay the first level of every area like 5 times before I figure out how to do them, lol.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Mission mode at times can be really tough. I can't get past the 21st mission
frown.gif

It's a love hate relationship with games that make you swear at the ds in anger
frown.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
The worst thing about this game is that it's not out for another 2 weeks. Curse you regional distribution schedules! :shakefist:
The aiming's a little tricky at the start, but it gets easier with practice.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
...The aiming's a little tricky at the start, but it gets easier with practice.

Aiming? I just lob fireworks like a mad man for the most part.
tongue.gif

Yeah, it is actually a little tricky. My only complaint so far (aside from the weird MIDI instrument that plays along with the tune at the Arcade selection screen) is that sometimes the player icon doesn't move when it should, especially any time it's down toward the bottom of the screen.

I'm also on the New York one right now, and I love what they do with the music and instruments for that one. The art style, too, for New York and the early spooky one are really cool; kinda reminds me of the Viewtiful Joe style.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I love how the theme for New York is superheroes and instead of justing having to fill up the usual bar with stars, you have to fill up a text balloon screaming OHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Not the best game ever made on the DS, but certainly a game that will become an overlooked cult classic in the near future. With the 20 dollar price tag, I can see BBM getting the kind of recognition in year end awards that N+ got for 2008.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I could get my save up by tomorrow if it's wanted/required. Finished the campain mode (or whatever it's called) and unlocked all but one of the extra modes.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
I'm sure our guys over at #ndscheats channel are working on it
laugh.gif

What I like is the specialized department, and basically how much this board has grown. I haven't been here as long as some, but from what Ive seen it's amazing to have such forum. Also the fact that we have departments now. Sweet!It's almost like saying " you know our guys in R&D..." any way back on topic I really like this game. I went out and bought it, cause at 20 bucks it was cheap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol