Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
pokemon rip-off?
Yes but instead of random battles you race your monster.

Its coming out in the West sometime this year so nobody bother the translation folk.

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Jupiter looks like some sort of mini-boss from Megaman X...

Pity the actual gameplay looks completely and utterly boring
frown.gif

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Kaan said:
you know this doesnt look half bad!
cant wait for the western release!

Since when do interesting games NECESSARILY leave Japan? We'll be lucky to see this outside of moonman lang unless someone produces, dubs, and imports a crappy cartoon over into the language of the internet.

So, first Animal Boxing, now Monster Racing? Sports are boring enough without being ported into the video game world like the 90s era's constant porting of movies into crappy video game form. Oh, wait, I've got that wrong, it's Monster Racing first because we still haven't seen the info on Animal Boxing which came out a month and a frigging half ago.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Souldragon said:
OMG Monster Racers.. I remember this game for the gameboy colour which never did get any translation... its going be so cool..
Wow. I didn't even know this was on the gameboy color. I wonder if it was any fun?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
Kaan said:
you know this doesnt look half bad!
cant wait for the western release!

Since when do interesting games NECESSARILY leave Japan? We'll be lucky to see this outside of moonman lang unless someone produces, dubs, and imports a crappy cartoon over into the language of the internet.

So, first Animal Boxing, now Monster Racing? Sports are boring enough without being ported into the video game world like the 90s era's constant porting of movies into crappy video game form. Oh, wait, I've got that wrong, it's Monster Racing first because we still haven't seen the info on Animal Boxing which came out a month and a frigging half ago.
Because it has already been announced that it is getting a release outside of Japan.

Its actually more of a RPG with the occasional race here and there, they just emphasise the racing so it looks like its more than just a Pokemon clone.

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cupajoe said:
Souldragon said:
OMG Monster Racers.. I remember this game for the gameboy colour which never did get any translation... its going be so cool..
Wow. I didn't even know this was on the gameboy color. I wonder if it was any fun?

Yeah it was pretty fun.. There were 2 monster racer games for the gbc and the point of the game is for you to raise/catch/train your monsters in order for it to be the best for a racing league... Think of it like pokemon but instead of throwing a pokeball at them to catch them, if I still remember correctly, you catch them by giving them food and winning against it in a race...

It's kind hard some time due to the fact that most race isn't just normal grass land.. there were like mud and other elements that slow down your monster if you pick the wrong one to race and plus there were the language barrier

Also if I remember correctly, there are some races that allow you pick a set of monsters to races its like one of those race where guy a get to guy b and guy b start running

-GJ-

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have to say that this looks really cool (judging on the trailer).
The style looks great (typical anime style), but I think it'll get a bit repetative.
Well, let's wait for the Western release then
smile.gif

trinest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
anothercodelabs.co.uk
XP
Country
Hadrian Uranium said:
B-Blue said:
pokemon rip-off?
Yes but instead of random battles you race your monster.

Its coming out in the West sometime this year so nobody bother the translation folk.
Wow from that I can name so many which look like pokemon

and WTF is this a sprited game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse