DS #3289: Cate West The Vanishing Files (USA)

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Another "Hidden objects" style?
unsure.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Echo1 said:
UltraMagnus said:
can she make all the shovelware vanish?
I wouldn't call this shovalware.

From shovelware wiki:
Shovelware is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness. The term is also used to refer to software that is ported from one computer platform or storage medium to another with little thought given to adapting it for use on the destination platform or medium.

The metaphor implies that the creators showed little care for the original software, as if the new compilation or version had been indiscriminately created/ported with a shovel, without any care shown for the condition of the software on the newly created product.

The term "shovelware" is coined with semantic analogy to phrases like shareware and freeware, which describe methods of software distribution.

Destineer hardly put any thought in their games.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Echo1 said:
UltraMagnus said:
can she make all the shovelware vanish?
I wouldn't call this shovalware.
This pretty much is... don't be fooled by the boxart. At heart it's another stupid 'finding objects' game, with an engine that looks suspiciously similar to the last few. I suspect someone's just licensing out an engine so other people can rapidly slap new interfaces/images on it and try to pass it off as new games.

jabbyjim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try tonight. I don't think i have played this style of game yet, oddly enough. Sounds like something my woman might like more than me (time will tell).

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool , quite like the hidden object games, all the moaners be grateful its not another imagine baby shitting or parrotzzzzzz or flowerzzzzzz or even better snailzzzzzzz.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
scousethief said:
Cool , quite like the hidden object games, all the moaners be grateful its not another imagine baby shitting or parrotzzzzzz or flowerzzzzzz or even better snailzzzzzzz.
But I like snails!!
mad.gif

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm only on Chapter three and the game isn't bad, but not that great either. Hopefully it gets better as the game progresses.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since no one's been really saying if the game's any good, I decided to try the game. To my surprise, I kinda like it. It's definitely pretty fun to play if you like stuff like Brain Training or Professor Layton.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans