I added a bunch of cheats for this game over at http://cheats.gbatemp.net

God? is that you?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, definitely not worth that much, semi-shovelware for me, was hoping the calming RO theme would greet me and the the first 3 minutes was spent looking at text, Japanese text. I've already deciphered some of the game's menu, but I'm not motivated to go through the first damned cave.

What's with a friendly shaman that can't do anything? It seems like the AI was set to "use skills' but since it's level 1 she can't do much, so with "SP saving" mode (or whatever it is, it has SP and then Japanese characters) she started to attack with her rod, damned AI, why can't you just help from the beginning?

If somehow somebody can hack and replace the sounds, and replace it with the PC's SFX and BGM, it would be nice..

kildert

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
NaYa said:
Interesting how it came out in Japan first and not Korea...

For those who are asking about why the game came out in Japan first, just a reminder, Gravity (the Korean softhouse that created Ragnarok Online) was acquired by GungHo, a japanese softhouse.
smile.gif
This fact happenned on February.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pathetically bad.

-Story-
The story is crap; the female shaman character is like a mix of Tina (Terra in US) from FF6 and Guu in Hare nochi Guu the anime. A magic user girl who loses her memory and gets chased by soldiers like Tina and is as blank and Guu.

Both main and side quests are mainly composed of "go there" - "fight a boss" and/or "retrieve an item" and/or "talk to someone" - "backtrack"

It shares a bit of quests with Ragnarok Online but the link is very weak.

-System- 0/50
Practically broken in every possible way when compared to RO.
Because I loved RO so much, seeing all these broken systems made me sad.

As for new systems, you can't figure out which skill your party members have. Do I equip Lucify with single handed sword or two handed sword? I can't freaking tell because I don't know which mastery he has.

You need to find a map to enable minimap. Not a big deal. But combined with bad AI, without the minimap your AI gets stuck off-screen, kills him/herself without you ever knowing until it's too late. Blindly wander around searching for the corpse and you find out that the AI got killed by a monster that can be killed in two hits. When AI goes off-screen their brain goes out the window too.

Your normal attacks are AoE. WTF? Since when?

Shops don't sell good equipments because this game is designed to be played like a freaking JRPG with zero freedom. If you want Tsurugi early game, look somewhere else.

AI control is bad. There are 4 options for each character and 2 are global ("run away" and "up to you"). The remaining two are like the most useless options for each class.
Lucify, who has 70 max SP and deals 200 damage with regular attacks, will choose to cast Magnum Break at the cost of 30SP to a Drops because Drops is freaking aggressive monster in this game.

Let me guess, because Drops has such a high amount of HP like 40ish, 200 damage is not enough to kill it so you decide to spend 40% of your max SP to deal extra AoE damage to a single target?
Pure genius.

-AI- 0/15
Moving onto AI. Two favorite things AI do are: getting stuck at environment, performing an action that suits the situation the least.

My AI died. So I revived her. Guess what the first thing she does? Heal me. Yes, in an area packed full of aggressive monsters, she figured having 1 hp is good enough for her but a swordman with 70% full HP will be at risk, huh.

When I'm in need of Sp healing (strangely, shops sell SP recovery potions and the Tina ripoff has SP recovery skill too), it only happens after she spends 4 seconds doing absolutely nothing.

-Interface- 0/15
EVERYBODY KNOWS USING SKILLS BY DRAWING A CIRCLE IS INFINITE TIMES MORE FUN THAN JUST TAPPING.
Hell yeah, in RO you use the same skill like 2 million times (level 90 Lord Knight, I don't think 2 million times is too much exaggerated?) but people go ahead and do it because it's simply shortcut + click.
In this game not only is shortcut cripplingly limited, you need to do a stupid thing to use a skill. The result? Your character standing still doing nothing just because your circle wasn't perfect.
It must be worse for Wizards. I only have to use Bash and Magnum Break, I already feel sick.

Shopping is painfully annoying.

Screen zooming is lame. Even when fully zoomed out, the characters are gigantic compared to the size of DS screen. It looks like you need a 14" monitor to view this DS game properly.

-Graphics- 5/10
Not bad, but the characters are too big. When zoomed out they look tad ugly.

-Sound- 5/10
Not bad, reusing the tracks from RO was the easy way out and they took it.

Verdict: 10/100
Totally avoid if you ever played RO, because after pirating this game you'll want to pay money to play the official RO.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
deathfisaro,
i like your review of the game and in addition to what you mentioned above i think this game is TOO LONG WINDED .....and the worst part we have to TAP through the dialogue...
that is torturing...

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds horrendously and painfully wonderful, too bad im gonig to play it ... TT

but i do wish i can...
because i fail to understand the Japanese to try to add stats to make a warrior to make my char in the beginning of the game.

Penguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
psycoblaster said:
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
I'll look into this ROM. The ROM size isn't too big, so I don't think I'll need to dig deep into the ROM to look for stuff.
You got Darthnemesis tool
rolleyes.gif
I already got the script files and the graphics figured out before I got darth's tool.
tongue.gif

They are really basic.
I just needed help with locating the font.. even though I'm pretty sure an RO DS will be out in korea.

How do you get fonts from looking inside the ROM? The fonts on some DS games now are really nice... That could be pretty useful
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1