DS #3141: Neopets Puzzle Adventure (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Dec 8, 2008.

Dec 8, 2008
  1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    ^^ndsrelease-4211^^

2. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's Othello all over again. >_>

I'll stick with the Atari 2600 version, thanks.

3. iPikachu

Member iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Singapore
    whut is this

4. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Neopets? [​IMG] Neo means noob in here where I live.

I love that creep guy

5. Chanser

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    Developer is from the people who made Puzzle Quest.

6. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    I do actually quite enjoy a few of the neopets flash games. if they put my favourites into a high quality DS game, Id be over the moon... it'd need a link up to neopets via wifi for me to get my neopoints of course (yeah im sad =p though i started neopets when i was like..... 12 or something)

7. aerowalk

Member aerowalk GBAtemp Regular

Australia
  8. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords on the DS was not made by the same developer of Neopets Puzzle Adventure, but Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, however, IS (coming out Feb 2009).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/data/942612.html
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/data/946763.html

(However to note, the PC, PS2, and Xbox360 versions of PQ: CotW were done by Infinite Interactive.)

9. Chanser

Macau
    Your correct. Originally by the Puzzle Quest team, seem Griptonite are porting this over with touchy feely bits

10. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    hmmmm
    this game is some sort of othello with combos and different ways to score~!?

wonder will they ever make neopets RPG or neopets collection of minigames [​IMG]

11. Chanser

Macau
    Like Puzzle Quest, but in Othello style.

12. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Finally. I'm a big fan of Neopets and hope this game delivers. [​IMG]

13. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    That's good to know. Though Puzzle Quest was a fun and addicting Jewel-like game, it was pretty unpolished. Griptonite have been putting out some really polished games, so I look forward to fooling with this one.

EDIT: Playing it now, and you can instantly feel Griptonite's hand in the making. The sounds are crisp, the presentation is very polished and pleasing, and the gameplay quickly introduces interesting new twists on the Othello formula.

Griptonite is fast becoming one of my favorite handheld developers.

14. gacktgacktgackt

Member gacktgacktgackt GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Awesome game, very addictive, however the main story mode is really very short.

Good news for any Neopets fans, any achievements you unlock will give you a code that you can put in at http://www.neopets.com/puzzleadventure which rewards you with rare Neopets Puzzle Adventure items.

I've already got the full set though after only 4 hours of playing... :/

15. Dragonlord

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Switzerland
    What's that neopets anyways? Some sort of rip-children-off-with-boring-flash-games stuff or did I miss something? ( website is as uninformative as the lecture I'm force to attend this semester [​IMG] )

16. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Neopets (originally NeoPets) is a virtual pet website launched by Adam Powell and Donna Williams (they ain't there anymore, went to work on Twin Skies) on 15 November 1999. Six months after the web site was launched, Adam Powell and Donna Williams successfully sold a majority share to a consortium of investors led by Doug Dohring. On 20 June 2005, Viacom bought Neopets, Inc. for $160 million (USD).

Neopets is based around the virtual pets that inhabit the virtual world of Neopia. Visitors can create an account and take care of up to four virtual pets, buying them food, toys, clothes, and other accessories using a virtual currency called Neopoints. Neopoints can be earned through playing games, investing in the stock market, trading, winning contests and making your own shop. Users can explore the world of Neopia with their Neopets and interact with each other through the NeoBoards, NeoMail, and guilds.

Users are free to choose their own path in the world of Neopia, from collecting things to battling against other users. Visitors can create a free account. A user then creates a Neopet and chooses its unique name, physical characteristics, and personality and may own up to four per account. A newly created pet comes with randomly rolled stats used for battling in the Battledome. Players need to feed and care for their Neopets when they grow hungry or get sick, although they will not die if they are neglected. New users start out with a newbie pack of various items that introduce a basic feature of the site, such as food for feeding a pet. They can get more items for their Neopets by earning Neopoints, the site's currency, through various activities including playing games and selling items.

Users can interact with their Neopets by reading books to them, caring for them, and playing with them. They can train their Neopets to be fighters in the Battledome against other player's Neopets or non-player characters. Wearable items, such as certain clothing, can be used to customize a Neopet. Players can build a customizable Neohome for their Neopets, furnish them, and buy extensions that reflect the socioeconomic quality of the house.

Players can collect certain virtual items and display them in a gallery or album. In addition to items, players can also collect trophies, avatars, and site themes, although there is no function to display the latter two.

17. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I have like 15 million neopoints! wheee!

18. iPikachu

Member iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Singapore
    whut?! i only have 10000! HBK did you just copy and paste from notepad that does seem like a wall of text 0_0

19. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    I remember when I first started played which was not to long after launch. I was the richest kid (in the game) in my school. Good times.

20. Shadz

Member Shadz GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I checked my neopets account today. Its nice to see 65k points in my posession as well as my neopet being 1299 days old.