DS #3110: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Europe)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonderful game, incredibly polished presentation, weak in-game visuals. It definitely grabs you from the get-go, though the story is pretty heavy-handed. Just wish the visuals were a little more up to date.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
Heck yeah! Love this series sooo much!
biggrin.gif

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
UltraMagnus said:
so.... I take it by the fact this has got to 4 pages in such a short time it is a pretty good game?

is this one of these RPGs where its best if you play the previous ones first (think kingdom hearts) or are they individual? (think FF 1-9)

not really, sometimes all it takes is just another LOL game

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than missing out on characters, and their possibly two-sentence texts of death and recruitment, there's not really any real story adjustments the player can cause, such as with games like Knights of the Old Republic and the like. The story is played out in a linear fashion--the player simply progresses, with the chance of getting five side chapters if they meet the requirements.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
sweet, I also read/heard when a non-main character dies they are completely dead and you can't use them anymore and when a main character dies its game-over if so it is a very good idea anyway I may as well triy this game out.

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
dice said:
i dont want to rave or anything.

but this is cleary the best game for ds ever!

i am playing since 8 hours and i cant stop!! i forgot to go to work, i forgot to eat, shit, drink, walk my dog out, i forgot to call my gf!!!

i am back playing! get this!

this works flawlessly on the r4 sdhc! No patch needed! Lol.

Best DS game to date if you´re a fan of advance wars/games for OLDER ppl

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works perfectly on R4. I didn't play too much because of my current workload but what I did play felt just like Fire Emblem. I like switching between the stylus and the buttons, adds a little variety to the controls. However, the game is definitely more like the older Fire Emblem games in terms of its darker graphics and some other stuff than the GBA games. Reminds me more of the SNES and GC/Wii titles than the GBA titles.

Last Symphony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
knl said:
I actually never really liked the FE series because of how limited in gameplay you are. There's nothing to do but progress the storyline, if someone dies it's permanent, etc, etc, etc.

+1 to this

This is also the reason why I don't like FE games...
It's very story driven...

But I'll try this sometime, maybe I'll like it

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Last Symphony said:
knl said:
I actually never really liked the FE series because of how limited in gameplay you are. There's nothing to do but progress the storyline, if someone dies it's permanent, etc, etc, etc.

+1 to this

This is also the reason why I don't like FE games...
It's very story driven...

But I'll try this sometime, maybe I'll like it
Wait, Fire Emblem, story driven? How come? Heck, you can play a Fire Emblem skipping the whole story altogether and have no problems with it!
wacko.gif

Maybe you're trying to say that the game is too linear, because it seldomly offers any side-missions, branch pathes or training mode, leaving you only with the main missions and nothing else? If that's it, then I'll have to agree... even though I personally don't see that as a minus, but a plus.
It takes you straight to the juice of it, and that's the strategical gameplay.
tongue.gif

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
this one has savepoints for some maps, which you can save so if someone dies you dont have to start all over again, there are gaiden chapters, but...
YOU HAVE TO KILL YOUR PEOPLE MUAHAHAHHA though in the game in one of the chests (or something) you can get an ohm staff which revives your ally. one use.

other than that im not too pleased with the critical hits.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
kingkong said:
dice said:
i dont want to rave or anything.

but this is cleary the best game for ds ever!

i am playing since 8 hours and i cant stop!! i forgot to go to work, i forgot to eat, shit, drink, walk my dog out, i forgot to call my gf!!!

i am back playing! get this!

this works flawlessly on the r4 sdhc! No patch needed! Lol.

Best DS game to date if you´re a fan of advance wars/games for OLDER ppl
I wasn't aware that we were the same person... all makes sense now!
smileipb2.png

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Haruhi said:
Any sign of a Supercard slot 2 fix, so battle animations can work?

Nope, and i really dunno that it could come out.

They seem to care less about english releases... I mean, they haven't fixed CT (USA version) and some other (U) games, like SW- CW, haven't been fixed. Or maybe they are just waiting to fix a bunch of games?

Dunno... hope i'm wrong and a fix comes out soon
biggrin.gif

Cheers

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Tested in R4 1.18, trimmed ROM, got a blank screen.
Redownloaded the ROM from another place, didn't trim, and booted game with another save (played it in No$gba and converted the save @ Shunyweb), booted up perfectly.

Weird, first time I had a problem with a trimmed ROM using NDSTokyoTrim. Don't think it's a program issue, tho. Guess it could be helpful info.

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This game rocks (it's FE after all!).

I found it weird that you had to select easy mode to play the new prologue (although it's a tutorial, so it's understandable). Anyway, I blazed through the prologue, restarted in hard mode (3 stars) and was promptly raped in 20 minutes at the first map. Yikes! And I consider myself an expert FE player (I finished Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn on Hard).

I'm finding the two-star hard mode quite balanced: easy enough to allow you to finish the maps with no casualties (the first 3, that is), but you do have to stay alert and protect everybody, since some enemies pack quite a punch.

Graphics really don't count much, but I found the game pretty to look at (the style is quite similar to the GBA chapters). The combat animations are very fast, which helps a lot (usually I turn them off after a while, having watched all the animations, but this time I may leave 'em active).

that's all... enjoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: