DS #3055: Chrono Trigger (USA)

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I know there was an English option in the Japanese game, but is there a Japanese option in the US version?
why would you want a japanese option in a already translated game? you could just get the original japanese version and play that

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
kevenka said:
Side note:
Does anyone know if the .Sav file from the Jap will work the same with the English game? I would think the only difference between the two games is the text file, right?
don't know, but what's the point? continue playing the jpn one...

Touche...But I suppose it is one of those bad habits of mine like, "If there is a US version, you should get that instead." Similar to when FFA2, though the Euro version came first, I waited for the US release. I would assume you would then ask why didn't I wait for the US release of chrono trigger
unsure.gif
and the only explanation I can say is...I am a very big chrono trigger fan
yaynds.gif

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
da_head said:
kevenka said:
Side note:
Does anyone know if the .Sav file from the Jap will work the same with the English game? I would think the only difference between the two games is the text file, right?
So I can buy the game, transfer my flashcart save to the retail cart, and use the retail cart to play.

extra850

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
QUOTE said:
Does this game work on a M3 CF

I can't say the game itself is working on M3 Perfect!

I own M3 Perfect SD version. I had also Contra 4 when I added CTU without patching...

A white screen appeared on loading and running CTU
frown.gif

The weird thing is that Contra 4 showed up with the same thing...

Some games I ran after that show up with the same white screen although they ran smoothly before :S

Btw, I used GM V36a and FW e35 and the problem is still happening...

A black screen appears after adding the Cheat Codes with or without ARM7 patch...

I did all things one could expect.....

Any ideas what's wrong??

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
martin88 said:
da_head said:
kevenka said:
Side note:
So I can buy the game, transfer my flashcart save to the retail cart, and use the retail cart to play.
?! u can do that?

(not that i rly care lol)

LUGiA

Trophies
XP
Country
lalalalala said:
How do you use the patch? The window of the xdelta.exe immediately disappears after I click on it.

load the .bat file

Posts merged

iNFiNiTY have you tested the patch

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
Hadrian said:
Huh can't say that I have even heard of this game.No ROM requests please.So basically you're calling everyone in this thread a newbie, because you're making the assumption that if they're in here reading a thread about Chrono Trigger, then they're going to violate the rules and beg for an illegal rom. Chrono Trigger's vastly overrated, but I'm sure all of us here "appreciate" such a welcoming sentiment. No, Hadrian is directing that message towards the uber-n00bs who will inevitably ask for the ROM even after he's said "No ROM requests please." Most people on this thread are competent enough to know not to ask for ROMs, but there are always a few idiots. Besides, he said "please." I'd say it was a pretty reasonable and polite request
smile.gif

martin88 said:
da_head said:
QUOTE(kevenka @ Nov 26 2008, 05:57 PM)
Side note:
How do you do that??
wtf.gif

rcktstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using a super card DS one and i patched it i think correctly i renamed the .nds file xpa-ctu.nds and then ran the batch file and it gave me a file called xpa-ctu-working.nds and when i start the game up it gets stuck in the "Initializing save file memory. Do not turn the power off" screen anyone know wat i did wrong ?

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... the only apparent difference between the US and JP versions seems to be the included languages, then? Nothing else?

At least... it's apparent the copy protection routine is different between the 2, if the JP is fixed in Acekard 4.12 but the US version won't work.

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
the usa rom is EXACTLY the same as the japanese one, so everybody can play the japanese its the SAME english translation! Fucking american nazis only want roms that say U..didnt get ever japan winnin ww2? U can play the jap rom it works flawlessly! English is autodetected if ds is set to english

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For those having problems with the PPF patch or its corrupting your MicroSD cards, I did make a cheat that does the exact same thing and bypasses the piracy fix. You can also use DSATM (Which is quite easy to do) and patch the game yourself which tends to be safer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night