DS #2989: Deal or No Deal: The Banker is Back (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Nov 19, 2008.

1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    ^^ndsrelease-4043^^

2. Just Joe

Member Just Joe GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm gonna try this just so I can confirm in my own mind that this is as pointless as the last one.

Playing this game on the DS, shows you how weak the game shows concept is.

Without the money, there is nothing.

3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Didn't the original game get nominated to be one of the worst DS games ever?

4. Just Joe

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I think it was a port of the phone game without the ability to save your scores... assuming you were actually gonna play it more than once.

5. IceRentoraa29

Member IceRentoraa29 Don't get in between a kid and his ice cream cone.

United States
    Who the hell is that on the box? What happened to Howie "Penis Fingers" Mandel? [​IMG]

6. Just Joe

United Kingdom
    That's Noel Edmonds. Some say he's an English television presenter and executive, who made his name as a DJ in the UK and has presented many light entertainment television programmes, including Multi-Coloured Swap Shop, Top of the Pops, Noel's House Party and is currently presenting Deal or No Deal and Are You Smarter Than A Ten Year Old?...

Others would say he's a cunt.

7. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    All we know, he fucking sucks at presenting stuff. I think this game is just as bad as the original DoND.

8. Austinz

Member Austinz GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Its nice to see they ran a competition for grade 5'ers to make the game cover, it seems the worst one won

9. Just Joe

United Kingdom
    Well I threatened to play it, so I did.

Pretty much the same thing as before, but with a fresher look, not that it looks good, just better compared to the last version.

After the trim the file is about twice the size of the old one but that probably the title sequence video, music and samples, plus the new look.

The Solo mode gives you the classic game mode, the banker mode, and the Banker Bonus Mode which is the same as classic mode but with a couple of mini games everytime you "no deal". The mini games are a version of MasterMind where you have to work out a four digit code or a crap game where your asked whether the banker last offer was Ridiculous, Fair or Good. I used to like Master mind, and there's a Banker Code mode which just lets you play MasterMind without the box opening bit. Unfortunately, this game feels like a badly coded flash game but is still more entertaining than the actual game itself.

The characters remind me of Mii avatars, and Noel is only recognisable by his shirt. To be honest the cartoon characters from the last game were actually better as a least they had three frames of animation. These characters just stand there unmoving and expressionless. What's worse is that in the last game when you picked a box the remaining characters "moved over" so that it was quick to move around and pick, in this version you have to slowly move along the table which later in the round when you've opened most of the boxes becomes very tiresome.

The sound effects are tinny as you expect. The samples consist of digital clapping, some Oooh's, groans and some voice samples from Noel clearly recorded off a TV.

Like the last game your states are recorded, but unlike the last game there doesn't seem to be anything to unlock as you gain cash, although admittedly the last game was so bad, you didn't really want to play the game to unlock them.

Basically, the last game was the American version with Noel stuck on top, this version feels like it was made for the UK market, and it suck the big one.

I have suffered tonight. Mental anguish shall be my mistress evermore.

10. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    The deal's off, this game is officially pronounced as SHOVELWARE

11. SoulAnger

Member SoulAnger MENUdo's Developer

Philippines
    Thats one hot title [​IMG]

12. steven1977

Newcomer steven1977 Newbie

United States
    Any news as to when this will be working on the R4?

13. AlexFili

Newcomer AlexFili Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    By the time you blink your eyes and whisper sweet nothings to your best friend.