DS #2950: Imagine: Interior Designer (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by B-Blue, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008
  1. B-Blue
    OP

Member B-Blue im a slut

^^ndsrelease-4004^^

2. Just Joe

Member Just Joe GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So that's what Billie's been doing since she left Doctor Who...

You know while I hate the dross that Ubisoft has been dumping in the DS games market, and expect it to double for the festive period, you really can't fault their business plan.

Essentially, the same modules used again and again with a different skin on top. DS is relatively cheap to develop a game on and there are a lot of machines out there in the hand of young girls. Clearly they must sell otherwise why carry on making them.

I'm gonna give this a quick go now and see if there is anything new here at all.

EDIT. OK... I have to say I probably had more fun with this than a person my age should have. The game design is still very similar to any of the others, but there is certainly more scope for creativity in this game to the first batch I tried. If I were a parent, I certainly wouldn't think twice about buying this for my young girls.

The game asks you to satisfy the needs of customers to your cousins shop. You're required to choose picture frames, wallpaper, flooring, curtains to match their specifications, or to paint a picture or make pottery items. Each event completed opens up more options in the workshop for you to design your own items which you display in the shop window to attract new customers.

Better than I expected.

3. GreenBanana

Member GreenBanana GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Wait, so Imagine: Interior Designer has you decorating a home that's bigger on the inside with flattened people, token bisexual stereotypes, and cute robot dogs, all whilst avoiding Daleks?

DEC-OR-ATE! DEC-OR-ATE!

After all these Ubisoft titles, there's one I'm still looking forward to:
    Imagine: The Cold, Sweet Embrace of Death

You too can be superficial and look forward to an unfulfilling future as a trapped, boozed-up housewife! Actually, the funny thing is that's not even possible in today's crappy global economy, so I guess this game might be leaning towards fantasy after all.

4. scousethief

Member scousethief GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Normally id rather stab myself in the neck with a rusty bent knife covered in putrifying camel shit but the daughters been bugging me for this since she seen it advertised ,ho hum.

5. chuckstudios

Member chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

United States
  6. kjean

Member kjean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Tetris is better than this. *yawning*

7. Just Joe

Member Just Joe GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Tetris is better than most things...

8. gumbyscout

Member gumbyscout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would so totally get that game. I need it to complement my "Imagine: If you are having fun?" game.

9. kjean

Member kjean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Heheh, I mean Tetris' interior design feature is better than this.