DS #2888: Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Europe)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
thegame07 said:
Sir-Fritz said:
WTF, its only coming out in england now? it came out in aus AGES ago.

I find that comment rather offensive tbh and fu**ed up.
... Why is that? No offense, but I have no idea what you're talking about
unsure.gif

QUOTE(thegame07 @ Nov 8 2008, 04:53 AM)
Anyway am I right in saying this was the puzzle game with alot of hype surrounding it on gbatemp? I guess I will try this tonight, there has not been a decent puzzle game for me on the ds for awhile.
Yeah, there was a lot of hype about this being a Phoenix Wright-killer. It turns out it wasn't (at all), but it's quite good. I really liked the American version, but it had a few puzzles which were really annoying. That's the thing that, in the end, stopped me from getting this. Maybe I'll play the European version again, and if it's much better I'll buy it.

But eh... Really, try this! It's really fun to play, and it has some clever puzzles.

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
Zerrix said:
4ppleseed said:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

At last! Finally, I can buy this for my niece and just in time for Xmas too
biggrin.gif

You lot are so funny with your 'ZOMG wtf is this??? I've been playing the ROM for years.' - you know some people actually buy these games from shops to support the games industry - so that you lot can keep downloading the Roms, just remember that
grog.gif

No, it's not you who enbale us to download those ROMs. It's because of the whole Releasegroups.
smile.gif

You're missing the point. If no one bought the original games from a shop, like me - there would be nothing for the release groups to release.

irradiated

Trophies
XP
Country
seems the fix is only temporary
frown.gif

been curious about this game so i hope a fix comes along soon

oh and yes i buy games but with 3 ds's in the house i have to borrow the odd one too so id really like to get this working

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, crap... I wanted to show this game to my little sister. She doesn't speak much English, so I was hoping the Spanish version would work properly
frown.gif

@4ppleseed: Please, leave the "pirates vs. legals" discussion in the EoF. We all know how this always ends.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's seems that EXiMiUS has released another one today : XMS-PLRE
wink.gif

edit : Quote from the nfo

QUOTE said:
ÛÛÛ Previous release was a bad dump, the game was not fully ÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛ playable. We are sorry, the supplier will suffer in hell, ÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛ here's the repack of this fantastic game! ÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛ ÛÛÛ

happy.gif

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip

On topic: Glad to see there was a re-dump of this excellent game. I'm curious to see what puzzles were messed with.

Ceesjah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm,, I'd really really like to play this, but can anyone hand me any reason why this ROM won't boot on my M3? The screen just goes black after it makes a savegame.. And its not the bad dump, its the repack! I hope somebody can help me, been dying to play this! :]

MeTRoD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a Layton hardcore fan, so I've been replaying the European version.
Halfway through, I can tell you that yes, there are some new puzzles here and there.
And also, Luke's voice has been rerecorded with a new voice actor (a worse one at that).

Now I'm waiting for a localization of part two!
yaynds.gif

haplodepatrijn

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Even with the repack the games gives me a white screen after loading. I'm using a supercard lite with firmware 1.84 and patchsoftware SC V2.68 sd pro . I tried all kind of settings but haven't found the right one yet. Maybe the firmware is out of date ? Anybody with the right settings (what to disable or enable and wich firmware to use ? And when upgrading the firmware is there a chance that my older favourite games no longer will work ?

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
i have an R4 SDHC, and this doesn't work properly on mine. Saving works, but when i try to load a savegame, it hangs with "Our story so far" (though the music is still playing in the background). Are there any fixes for this game? Any cheats that could sort this out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all