DS #2869: Smart Girls Party Game (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Nov 3, 2008.

Nov 3, 2008
  1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    ^^ndsrelease-3899^^

2. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    PHAIL
    smart girls dont party.

music and party?
    i really dont know what else to say about this

3. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    This sounds like a game about safe sex birth control and not letting a video spread across the internet.

4. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I just tried the previous one for my daughter, Smart Girls Playhouse, which is a little bit easier from what I read. I must admit for my five year old daughter it's a real fun package with things like memorizing cards, colouring in, playing a toy piano and even a very primitive Cooking Mama clone. Finally a fun computer game for my kid.

5. IBNobody

Member IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

United States
    I'm very excited about this release because my daughter loved the last game.

I suggest trying Smart Kid's Gameclub (#1926). It combines the girl (Playhouse) and boy (Gameroom) versions and allows you to record encouraging messages.

I suspect that the people bashing this game are too young to have children of their own.

6. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Practicing safe sex and not having a kid if you really don't want one, has nothing to do with age. Why create something that you don't want.
    Kids are NOT sex-trophies, they are living human beings.

7. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States

People bash titles like these because it falls into the "crapware" section of titles,reguardless if it's ment for the younger kids or not.......

8. CCNaru

Member CCNaru Warn-free Since 2005

United States
    RAAAAAAAAAAGE about games with animu front covers not released every single day, posting "shovelware" pics and one-word comments, pathetic attempt to get posts up with said posts, etc... it's not an uncommon sight to see here nowadays.

9. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    Exactly.
    If I was a father and had to choose a game for my childs birthday, I would get something I know is not crap

10. Macavity

Newcomer Macavity Member

United States

Because your kid would be smarter than every kid in the market, all of whom eat this shit up. Mhmm.

Sorry man, kids are dumb, they don't know the difference between SPONGEBOB PARTY GAME and Kirby Super Star.

11. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    AGES 3+
    There's no upper limit, so adult who are not the intended audience can still complain about the game.

If it said AGES 3~5 then you can just tell the whiners to learn their age.

12. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    look at the box art...it says ages 3+!! how can 3 year olds play the ds without swallowing the stylus...

13. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    They have their ways.. [​IMG]

Anyway, Its probably just meaning that its more suited for a younger age group.. [​IMG]

14. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    well well~! my nephew who is 2 years old already playing DS ~!

15. berlinka

Netherlands
    What's crap about this game??? Well I don't know if this is very much different from the last one, but from my gamer's point of view off course this has nothing to offer me. It's too simple and premature and has no real challenge. But that's EXACTLY what my daughter likes. No hard challenges, just a bit of doodling, dressing up a virtual doll, etc.

In the past I've tried dozens of games that were supposed to be made for "small children". Well, she couldn't make anything from it, the interface/controls were far too complex most of the times. And I had to agree, some kids might be into action shooters from the age of 3, just because they are very interested in games from an early age on, they are very good at mastering the controls, but my little girl hasn't got those skills (yet). But still she too wants to play a sort of "videogame", which is obvious, because all the time she sees her dad gaming. But even the most simple platformer is far too complicated for her.
    So because of this game being so simple and basic it makes the game perfect for her. So I think it's really stupid to call this "crapware".

Oh, and by the way, allthough Wii Music might be a let down for many Nintendo fans (including me), my daughter loves it. Last sunday we were "jamming" together and it was great to see her face light up when "playing music" together with her dad and even make her own little "dvd package" from the performance. She exactly knew what kind of artwork she wanted for the sleeve. It was great. So Wii Music also is a game very suitable for youngsters, it's fun and, above all, VERY educational. Great work Nintendo.

16. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It seems to me this game doesn't come across as "crap" to little girls which is what this game is for.... It's not aimed at you that's why you think like that, can't you see that?

17. ZPE

Member ZPE GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    What? You've completely missed the point. These types of games keep the little ones quiet so they're good at what they were designed to do. Giving NSMB to a 2 year old doesn't quite work out.

If you don't understand that's your problem not this game's fault.

18. mightymage

Member mightymage GBAtemp Regular

United States
    my 4 yr old niece would rather play metroid prime or super mario 64 she is very smart for her age

19. berlinka

Netherlands
    That's really strange! My kid is five and can barely cope with these type of games. As I expected, tonight I let her play the previous Smart Girls game and she loved it to bits! Good stuff (for her)

20. iNFiNiTY

Member iNFiNiTY GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah its really stupid, and its usually by posters with quite a lot of posts too. Mods should hand out punishments its just flooding the release threads with crap.