DS #2846: Travel Games for Dummies (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by B-Blue, Oct 31, 2008.

Oct 31, 2008
  1. B-Blue
    OP

Member B-Blue im a slut

^^ndsrelease-3876^^

2. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    This might be interesting, will try it this weekend.

3. Ruri

Member Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Isn't the idea of intellectual-type puzzle games for dummies a bit counterintuitive? What, do they have a version of Sudoku with every box but one in each column already filled in? Or crosswords where the clues are the words you write into the crossword? And how do you even make solitaire for dummies?

I think that if I want to play Sudoku, crosswords, or solitaire I'll go for the versions that are aimed at smart people, thank you very much.

4. Just Joe

Member Just Joe GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The thing is, solitaire, suduku and crosswords have been done in other games already, so this is gonna have to deliver in a really functional way to make this game anything other than pointless fodder.

5. GreenBanana

Member GreenBanana GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Why are they making a video game out of the "For Dummies" series? Am I the only one aware that this should be done? The only "For Dummies" thing they need in tandem with video gaming is "How Not To Buy Shovelware For Dummies".

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    hmm... i don't actually know why this was made but maybe the person who made it was travelling and he thought of doing something thus he made this on the way and passed it on to other "dummies"

7. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Well rarely have all these games come in one pack, making it better for saving your space on your microSD card, as well as having a well known name on something to make it sell. Why the hell do you think all these kids cartoons get games, because they know parents will buy them for their children and the children if they do not get these games they will keep asking their parents and they will eventually give in. Shovelware? More like how to make money with out much of an effort.

Do not tell me you would not take the best way to make the money with the least amount of effort and expenses, because you sir are full of shit.

8. NatsuMatto

Member NatsuMatto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The "Dummies" brand is incredibly well known... makes sense that they might try and bring this into the casual gaming market. If the average joe had to pick between some random unbranded game, or a Dummies branded one, I'm thinking they might go for the name they know.

9. abbadab

Newcomer abbadab Advanced Member

United States
    solitaire stinks cause there is no auto-play, u must move every card to where u want it. other solitaire games have double tapping abilities to move cards to stockpiles and also when its obvious that u won the game, there is not an auto finish option.

10. kjean

Member kjean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    nice yet another all-in-one package. 8D

11. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    [​IMG]
    Sorry only have MSPaint [​IMG]

12. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i will make sure i have this game when i go travel!!!
    LOL, the games are quite good for killing time~!

13. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    As was stated before, the "For Dummies" name is VERY recognizable. And people will see it, chuckle and buy it for family members a joke or a way to give em something to do with their DS brick thats been sitting under a pile of papers since last Christmas.

It'll sell. It'll have other versions of "For Dummies" games, and that toon-face will still be around for another 15 years, not only on book covers and (now) games, but they'll have a Short-lived TV series based upon him (Cavemen, anyone?), a toy line (for the kiddies) and possibly a morning "well-rounded" breakfast cereal (most likely with marshmallow). I mean, who WOULDN'T buy Cereal For Dummies brand breakfast cereal?

Sorry for the rant.

Yes, people will buy this based upon namesake alone. Thats how it works.