DS #2832: Lost in Blue 3 (Europe)

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're not missing out if you haven't played since the first one. The only thing they really change in each game is the characters, because the gameplay is still tedious and everyone keeps asking for water every 5 seconds.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ctkxtreme said:
You're not missing out if you haven't played since the first one. The only thing they really change in each game is the characters, because the gameplay is still tedious and everyone keeps asking for water every 5 seconds.
Go play the excellent Survival Kids on the origonal GB, because this man speaks truth.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The entire series was made just to annoy you. You take 1 step and he'll make those annoying grunting noises continously asking for water, saying his hungry etc. etc. AND DON'T TAKE THE FEMALE WITH YOU. All females should say in the kitchen and cook (in this case, the cave). And another annoying thing is the lack of food and scarse water. Majority of the food at the start of the game is mushrooms and coconuts. Coconuts hardly fill you on water and food and mushrooms make you sick instantly.
If you go venturing, you can only travel a few screens away from the cave because the fire will go out and the female will freeze to death when the wood runs out. Also, while travelling you'll find that you'll run out of food within a few minutes even with your inventory full with the best food at your disposal.

Unbalanced game.

canli

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I laugh at people buying this game.
Imagine it, you buy it at 40 € and you can't go on after a few minutes and you never play it again.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
I never got past the first part, even with cheats on
laugh.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Seazn said:
The entire series was made just to annoy you. You take 1 step and he'll make those annoying grunting noises continously asking for water, saying his hungry etc. etc. AND DON'T TAKE THE FEMALE WITH YOU. All females should say in the kitchen and cook (in this case, the cave). And another annoying thing is the lack of food and scarse water. Majority of the food at the start of the game is mushrooms and coconuts. Coconuts hardly fill you on water and food and mushrooms make you sick instantly.
If you go venturing, you can only travel a few screens away from the cave because the fire will go out and the female will freeze to death when the wood runs out. Also, while travelling you'll find that you'll run out of food within a few minutes even with your inventory full with the best food at your disposal.

Unbalanced game.
Are you describing the first game, this one, or the whole series?

I can't believe they didn't fix any of these issues, but the 2nd game was as brutal/dumb as the first.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually really like these games.

The first is tedious for sure. But if you haven't seen the second one yet, it's playable. Spear fishing sucks in the first game. But fine in the 2nd.

I really love the second game. In the beginning it's hard. You have to get water every 5 seconds, and you can never find enough food. But as you build up resources it gets easier and you can explore further into the jungle. It's great. You really get a sense of where you are on the island and where everything is. It's really atmospheric too. Great music. Trying to make your way home, exhausted after a long day exploring and gathering tools to improve your cave - and then a wolf attacks. You really get a sense of survival.

And I love games where you start off with a crappy house, then you build up and fill your house with new stuff.

I haven't really gotten into LiB3 yet. The engine feels different from the first 2. I'll probably play it sometime though.

I recommend starting on 1, if that frustrates you, play 2 and stick with it for a while. It's frustrating figuring out how to play at first, but it gets really fun.

I like that some people know how to actually make games a bit of a challenge. Too many games these days you can just walk through. If you die, you respawn at the same place. Does no one remember the days of 8-bit gaming? *points to avatar*

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
canli said:
I laugh at people buying this game.
Imagine it, you buy it at 40 € and you can't go on after a few minutes and you never play it again.
That only happens if you are fucking stupid. Of course it's challenging. It's a game about surviving on a deserted island! What the hell do you guys expect? Still, if you have some self discipline left, this can be awesome fun. Of course, with the internet and casual gaming, few people have.
unsure.gif

I love Lost in Blue!
yaylibnds.png
Few DS games reach it's level of atmosphere.
wub.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
ahhaha... OrR... maybe you are right~! you are stuck in an island? don't expect food and water come easily?~!~
i think this game you have to be creative to survive... think of the unthinkable....
perhaps i will try it out too~! see whether is annoying me or really interesting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1