DS #2803: Akumajou Dracula: Ubawareta Kokuin (Japan)

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's some quick impressions I just typed up for another site:

- Really love the art style. The backgrounds are much more detailed than DoS or PoR.

-Attacking normally now consumes MP. How much depends on the glyph you have equipped. MP regenerates very quickly, however, so this won't slow you down much.

- You can equip two attack glyphs at a time, one to Y, one to X. You can also equip "special" glyphs to R. The only one I've gotten so far allows you to "slingshot" off of these peg things that are scattered around levels. As far as attack glyphs go, I've gotten a standard stabbing sword, a larger slashing sword, a throwing dagger, and some strange kind of "energy grenade" type weapon.

- All attack glyphs have their own unique up+attack move, which consumes hearts.

- Stages are a LOT smaller than the paintings in PoR. I managed to get through the first stage in roughly 15 minutes or so. Hopefully there's a lot of stages to make up for their length.

- Music's good so far. Nothing spectacular, but good.

Any other questions, just ask and I'll see if I can answer based on how far I've played.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Jax said:
I will be switching between Mother 3 and this once the US version is out.

Yeah, Mother 3 has real NOSTALGIA value now.

QUOTE(mousan @ Oct 20 2008, 06:16 AM) does anyone try to find if the jap game contains english language??

Wasn't that only that one DQ game? Granted, they should be doing that for EVERY game and waste less time on regionalizing everything for our precious virgin ears that the Bible Belt doesn't want us to taint. Pity they wasted it on a generic DQ game, though. That's Dragon Quest, not Dairy Queen.

So what happens when you have no MP? Do you just putz around? Or does it refill quickly enough so you're never in that situation?

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
mousan said:
does anyone try to find if the jap game contains english language??
The English release should be out in about 36 hours (give or take a day). You can wait.

Is this one of those Theory of Relativity things, because a game hasn't been available anytime SOON after it's been released for a year now. Though I agree, waiting shouldn't be too hard. It'll be harder trying to thump around to moonman squigglies.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this isn't actually a good DS games is it ? I didn't think we were going to get any this year.

At last, a saving grace for the DS game library.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
GreenBanana said:
BlueStar said:
OK, first problem is trying to get getting past the tutorial without knowing Japanese which I had to do through a bit of trail and error.

Lots of text skipping, then when you get control of the female character, jump up the ledges and go right. Skip more text. When you regain control, stand in front of the glowing sword and hold up until you trigger a beep sound you get when you complete a tutorial task. Now press start and select "Glyph". Press A on the Y-button icon and then select the only item you can (It's the sword). Do the same to assign the X button, then return to the game. Walk up the to old guy and stab him with X or Y, he vanishes and reappears, stab him again until you get the beep and trigger the next bit. Next, hold up and press X or Y to do a red attack thing. Now you can exit through to the right and start decking skeletons.

I love psychic powers! Can you tell me when it's gonna rain next? The weathermen only do the week and they always say "sunny". Are you only able to see ahead to video games that nobody can play yet, or is this game available for imports cause who really follows those?

OK, this is the second time you've come out with something like this (first time here) and I've still no idea what you're going on about. Are you saying we should only talk about games when we could actually have a retail copy? Because I think you're on the wrong site. In the Prey the Stars thread you seemed to be under the impression that people only download and play roms after they are posted on GBATemp, when people have usually been playing them for several hours before a release thread is made.

EDIT: Just seen this
QUOTE(GreenBanana @ Oct 20 2008, 12:01 PM)
Of course, this game isn't even available for download yet

Yes. It. Is. This game was available for download before this thread was even here. I don't think you understand how this works - game is dumped > game made available for download > release thread made on GBATemp. Or do you think tempbot has physic powers and can tell what game is going to be dumped when and even what is going to be in the nfo?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No reports of freezing or cards not loading it yet. That's a really good sign.
yaynds.gif

GreenBanana said:
The operative word being "should". We haven't had a rom release on time (for a title that counts) since Final Fantasy IV (Japan). Of course, this game isn't even available for download yet, so it's more like they're just jumping the gun here anyway, so you can't really count it yet.
Someone clearly doesn't understand the difference between a ship date and a release date.
rolleyes.gif
And there's no such thing as a game being dumped "on-time". You're not entitled to anything. Be grateful that they are ever available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all