DS #2723: Imagine Modern Dancer (Europe)

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
well i played it, and it's not bad. just an average rhythm game, albeit one aimed squarely at young girls. i might even have left it on my card if it wasn't such a big rom.

i'm not touching imagine baby club with a ten foot pole though

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IBNobody said:

VGChartz isn't an authoritative sales data site. They collect sales data from a small number of retailers and multiply by whatever number of game stores (they think) are in North America, Europe, Japan, etc.
The last time I checked, VGChartz console sales data numbers were like 80% greater compared to NPD's. If Nintendo Wii's console sales data is 80% off, how much can small games like Imagine series be off by?

Some of the Imagine series might have actually sold well, but a lot of them lack any data. That makes me believe that the stores VGChartz use to punch number never even carried those (or never were able to sell a single copy). I mean, game that came out in 2007 still has absolutely no sales data for VGChartz to use?

I think it costs UBIsoft like 3 staff members for a few weeks per game so it never hurts to pour them out.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Girls actually like these games. I've put these Imagine series games on their flashcarts nearly every week.

For me though, these games are:
Imagine: Lobotomy
Imagine: Projectile Vomiting
Imagine: An unflushed toilet, no TP and diarrhea

But then again, I'm not a girl or a casual gamer, so I MIGHT be a bit biased. But these games actually do sell, which is very sad, IMO.

canli

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Where's my Japanese Training by Ubi?
blink.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Girls actually like these games. I've put these Imagine series games on their flashcarts nearly every week.

For me though, these games are:
Imagine: Lobotomy
Imagine: Projectile Vomiting
Imagine: An unflushed toilet, no TP and diarrhea

But then again, I'm not a girl or a casual gamer, so I MIGHT be a bit biased. But these games actually do sell, which is very sad, IMO.
well they did want to appeal to females.
thats why we get the influx of crapware in recent years

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
No, but seriously, it's a real phenomenon, these crappy shovelware games, because they're always so visible, so there in the department stores. I'll NEVER understand why my store carried "DEXTER'S SPONGEBOB LAB STARRING HANNAH BANANANA" and I NEVER saw hide nor hair of "Castlevania: Dawn of Souls" on sale there. It's like some kind of blatant and dare I say personal insult against people with refined tastes. They mock our medium. They mock us.

I think we've moved on from the Imagine: Imagine Your Own Imagine Titles to spewing out another generation of crappily photoshopped albeit mildly amusing fake cover art to get our vengeance on their mockery of us decent folk.

Zantheo

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They still need to make Imagine: Real life

If people are seriously into these games, they'll need it... Badly!

bombchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
robosuplex.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
This one is really... really... reeeally bad... but at least it made me laugh.

The garish hot pink background will make your eyes bleed. The drawings aren't that bad... but whoever did it has a real problem drawing right eyes: the main girl looks like she's either been punched in the face or has one crazy insect eye. There's a loading screen before the actual gameplay (which is way too long for what it's putting out) and the dancing is rolling around with a streamer... At least her model's not bad.

Oh wait. I turned it on a second time to show my friend exactly how horrible it was and the 3D glitched to hell. To all hell. Absolutely broken.

So, fun times

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Just for information purposes;

This has been released in North America as #2870 - Ener-G - Dance Squad (U)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup