DS #2712: Sakai Burai Kaiji: Death or Survival (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Sep 26, 2008.

1. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    ^^ndsrelease-3727^^

2. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    hmm.. maybe will try this game~! [​IMG]

3. Popin

Popin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2007
    Canada
    Does anyone know what this game is about? Or if it will be released in English?

4. Benandanti

Benandanti Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2007
    Does it come with an attachment which drills a hole into your brain when you lose?

5. moo422

moo422 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2008
    Canada
    played the "free play" mode briefly -- seems like you're some sort of Rock Paper Scissor expert with ESP. roughly playable without knowledge of japanese so far, but i imagine i'm losing out on a lot of the story.

some of the ESP(?) abilities include
    - having 5-6 cards on the table, they'll briefly flash the values, and the opponent will choose the hand/card that appears most often ..
    - being shown 3 cards which are then shuffled
    - seeing the reflection of a card briefly against a shiny surface
    - seeing a stereogram of the card
    - being shown 5-6 cards flying across the screen, but only one is revealed (which is the one that opponent will use)

6. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Screenshots
    The games from the series included in this game are the Restricted Janken (Rock/Paper/Scissors), Human Derby (crossing the steel beams [​IMG]), E-Card (the game's supposed to come with an actual set of the cards too, which I hope is included in my preorder from play-asia) and the Tissue Box Lot. There's a story mode if you wish to follow the games story and a free mode to play with the CPU. You can also play against a friend, plus a bonus gallery mode with scenes from the anime.

I believe the anime has been translated/fansubbed, so for those who want to know the story.. just Google it. [​IMG]

7. DeepFriedAsian

DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    Michigan
    Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, now I feel the urge to buy this game. Please post pictures if you get 'em [​IMG]

I'm a huge fan of the anime, probably one of my top 5, up there with One Piece and Haruhi.

8. kjean

kjean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 15, 2008
    where I'm from
    I'm huge fan of the manga. Really unusual and nice story. xP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice