DS #2680: Hoshizora no Comic Garden (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Sep 21, 2008.

Sep 21, 2008
  1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    ^^ndsrelease-3688^^

2. Jei

Member Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Brazil
    The alternative cover for the limited edition makes me wonder...

[​IMG]

Yaoi game for DS?

3. sphere9

Member sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    oh lords.

well it does say adventure...

4. miruki

Member miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Since you play the pink haired girl and are able to date those guys... nah. :> I think that SE cover is just a little joke from the developers / designers. Also, this game features some smexy lesbian love since that blonde guy is actually a girl who just dresses like a guy. At least I think you can get an ending with her too.. I hope.. XD

screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The story is about Airi who assists a mangaka and wants to become a professional mangaka herself, but her parents are against it, so she moves out from home and stays at her childhood friend's boarding house where the mangaka, a doujinshi artist and her childhood friend also live. Later on a young voice actor also moves in. There are also an editor from the publishing company who's in charge of the mangaka's work and of course Airi's best friend from university who dresses like a guy.

Sadly the game is not fully voiced but there are many fun manga drawing mini games and the story is really cute!

5. Jei

Member Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Brazil

6. miruki

Member miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Yup, just without all the touching which should please the male gamers.. XD I think it some skinship with the dateables would have been fun but it's already good as it is.

Anyways, now that I've completed one of the storylines... this surely is the cutest game I've ever played! *__* AND: After you got one of the Airi x Guy endings you can go for Ren, her female best friend and seriously, Ren is like the coolest girl I've ever seen, she'd make an awesome husband.. XD

Eww, enough of my fangirling, it's a good game, it's fun and it got an awesome cast of characters, I've rarely seen characters that all fit so well into an otome game story.. :D the only downsides are: You can't save whenever you want, only at certain points (before you get to the map screen and before drawing sessions), it's not fully voiced and the sound of the voices doesn't have the best quality, so don't turn it too loud or else it sounds crappy. And, unlike Tokimemo the game is a little harder to get without the proper Japanese knowledge, if you can't read at least a little it's pretty hard and you're better off with skipping most of the story parts (push right on the cross.. or rather up, since you hold the DS like a book and right is up then.. blahblah.. XD, down is auto-play and left and right scroll through the backlog, L clears the screen and R opens the options)