DS #2661: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (USA)

svnelvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
many people who say this game sucks is comparing it to xbox/ps3 version. isn't it unfair to compare a console game to its handheld counterpart? Console versions of course have a lot more to exploit the potentials of a game, it would be more of a stunner if anybody finds the hendheld versions better. Those who say this game is fun, like me, have probably not played console versions of this game, and judging solely by it's comparison with other ds games, this one really is one of the better games.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Lego Star Wars is better but this is ok I guess.. Not a good idea playing this game in the car when the sun is shining on the screen.. You can only see the lightsaber..
tongue.gif
But its worth a try.. Its one of those games that you mar or may not like.. You just have to try it yourself..

M

multiboy2k

No, the people who are all claiming that this game sucks are speaking truth.
THIS GAME SUCKS!
hate2.gif

And, if you compare this to the PSP version, you will get very angry.

I beat this game in less than 4 hours. And, all i got to show for it, is EYESTRAIN. The graphics and textures make my face hurt.
I wont even get into the controls, that do indeed require 3 hands at some point to get the combos off. I am going to RE-BUY a psp just so that
i can play a GOOD version of this game.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I finished the game in three hours. I like the gameplay, but the graphics are so bad it feels like its lagging. Every time more than 2 enemies are on screen the framerate becomes reaaaaaly crap.

wertyqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Short, short and... short. Why these games are over in a few hours of game play? Like you guys said, feels like a mobile game. My test is done. Slept night over and right now after thinking about it feel very disappointed. But as a Star Wars fan I will get this eventually from the bargain bin.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wertyqa said:
Short, short and... short. Why these games are over in a few hours of game play? Like you guys said, feels like a mobile game. My test is done. Slept night over and right now after thinking about it feel very disappointed. But as a Star Wars fan I will get this eventually from the bargain bin.

Be glad you downloaded it then, you didn't have to pay the whole 40 euros for this crapgame
smile.gif

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
svnelvn said:
imo ds needs more games of this genre, i've had enough cutey puzzler games, this is probably the best hack and slash on ds so far

Which is sad, because this game, IMO, is really, really bad. SW Episode III was really good... a classic side-scroller beat'em up, with the gimmicky (albeit good) force powers. I was expecting this to be similar to that game, but it is nowhere near as good as it.

PS: I don't understand why, already having great 3D games like THAW or DQMJ, developers still make crappy graphics like the ones here...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joey R. said:
PS: I don't understand why, already having great 3D games like THAW or DQMJ, developers still make crappy graphics like the ones here...

Limited resources would be my guess. It looks like it was developed by NSpace (CoD4 DS), and though the engine they used looks like it can pump out some decent visuals, if attention to detail isn't given, it's not going to look great. This game was probably farmed out by LucasArts for dirt cheap, and they probably got what they paid for; too bad people buying this game won't.

Still, I think it's an okay game. I can't compare it to a mobile-phone game, since I don't have the means to play games on my cell phone. But yeah, it's not great. It's not terrible, though -- not by a long shot. That said, I'm going to hold off on playing through any more of it right now, because I'm going to be playing the PS2 version here in the next couple of days, and since the story is basically the same for each version, I want to go in fresh with what I anticipate to be a better version than this.

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm stuck, how do you get past the huge boss on the jungle level where you hafta run up hill and it chases you? I cant do any damage to it, but i cant run away quick enough either? Thanks

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what do I gete for beating the game? I'll tell you what I got.....Darth Vader playable in multi-player and a Ultimate Jedi Training suit. That's it.

Took me 5 hours 11 minutes to beat. I was stupidly trying to look EVERYWHERE to find hidden whatevers.

I thought the the game was OK.

dualscreenman

Trophies
Website
kodewerx.net
XP
Country
United States
If you go after revenge for Darth Vader you get a much more sad ending + ultimate Sith robes.
I guess they thought that having one teensy, tiny plot fork at the end would be enough to justify 4.5 gameplay? I mean, I guess it got me to play it twice and it was, surprisingly, just about as much fine the second time around as it was the force. I think I like the game. Fucking up people with the Force is fun, and the second time around you're even more efficient at combos, etc and can deal out a shitload more pain in amusing ways. Throwing people off platforms is fun...

This game just screams to be played on an analog stick, and sometimes it's dumb when you're using the force. I had no issues with pulling off combos, so at least they pulled that off nicely. For what it's worth I thought that the environments were nice; they certainly gave the game it's mood. They could have been more polished, though. With more polish I think it could have been comparable to Metroid Prime: Hunters graphics-wise. The framerate is bearable until 5 or more enemies appear on screen.

All in all it's a fairly OK game that could have baked in the oven for a bit longer. If you just want a very video-gamey game that is no more complicated than doing this, then I'd recommend giving this game a go. It'll at least entertain you for an afternoon or two.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't play it beyond the first real mission. Fixed camera that works against you + only adequate controls does not make a good recipe for jumping platforms. That tells me the rest of the game is going to throw even more tedium at me, which is my signal to stop playing and move on to something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt