DS #2661: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Killermech

Killermech Cookie Monster

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow, you guys are making this so confusing. Some are loving it and the rest hates it.. guess I'll have to judge for myself in the end [​IMG]

2. Hadrian

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    United States
    Its not one to buy is it? Fount it mediocre at best, seems unfinished in parts.

3. mxk1000

mxk1000 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2007
    Bonnie Scotland
    has any one got this working on the DSTT/TTDS??
    i get an error loading the rom.
    rom loading failed
    disk errcode=2147483632

Cheers

4. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    might try this out but i feel that it won't be as good as the stars wars i prev had played

5. Zenith94

Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    wtf am I sopose to do at the part where you go into a room and there are two barriers and there are alot of enamys on the other side killing you and you can jump it or attack them? Also there are two things moving back and forth on the left and right side iam stuck.

6. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    C-137
    really good game that will keep me busy until my PSP Torrent of it finishes [​IMG] (3 hours left ) looks like it more like the CONSOLE versions rather than a port.

love all the force powers you get, and all the touch screen force combos, and the graphics are pretty decent too as well [​IMG]

actually its pretty entertaining for being a PORT of the 360 and Wii and PS3..

Works on SuperCard SD on

ENABLE PATCH CART. ACCESS HIGH...Thats it.

works perfectly on R4 DS with NEWEST firmware

PS: ZenithMaur - i know what your talking about and I passed that. All you need to do is look on the sides and you will see a crate on both sides..if you get close to them you "force pull" button will be white and when you push it, you will throw the crate at the barrier..on both sides of course...hoped I Helped

7. currynoodles

currynoodles GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2007
    Malaysia
    I thought it was okay. Has anyone tried Multiplayer?

8. kazuki_pl

kazuki_pl GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    Poland
    Poland AlcohoLand
    i wasnt even able to finish first stage... plain gameplay ( golden axe is better lol ), camera sucks better than random hentai bish, and controls are ghay... sorry but i must say...

/agree to quoted post

9. Hardcore Gamer

Hardcore Gamer GBAtemp Fan

Feb 1, 2008
    Yeah, worked fine here.

10. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    I think it's pretty fun so far -- definitely better than expected. The controls can be a bit clunky and it's kind of an ugly game to look at, but the environments are still neat and force gripping dudes and then force pushing them off platforms is very satisfying. The biggest missed opportunity here though, I think, is the basic attack. They really should have modeled it after Ninja Gaiden -- for the jumping too.

11. DivineZeus

DivineZeus GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2008
    Italy
    Rovigo, Veneto
    I don't like it at all... i hate action games controlled by touchscreen... man, i have only 2 hands, not 3... [​IMG]

12. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    Too all the people saying this game is good......Seriously, are we playing the same game?!?!? II forced myself to play through the first level last night and it just pissed me off. The environments are huge but the framerate chugs so you can't even appreciate that. Man....I'm glad I have the PSP and 360 versions to remove the taste of this game out of my mouth. [​IMG]

13. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    To each his own, I suppose. I don't think the framerate is terrible, either. It's pretty much on par with Assassin's Creed DS or BiA -- both okay, though not near great. Still, serviceable.

As an aside, I love the acronym for the file name: "STFU" [​IMG]

14. kernelPANIC

kernelPANIC GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2005
    Japan
    Tokyo
    Has there EVER been any Star Wars games that were actually good and not quick cash-in games?

15. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    KOTOR
    KOTOR 2
    Jedi Knight Jedi Academy

16. lilkerv90210

lilkerv90210 Newbie

hey everyone heres a cheat for unlimited force power

sithlord

17. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    You forgot Dark Forces and all those old spaceship combat games for the PC, those were good [​IMG]

18. matrix121391

matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2008
    United States
    Lego Star Wars as pretty good.

19. Icey

Icey GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2007
    United States
    WADE BOGGS CARPET WORLD.
    I'm stuck on the part where you're the apprentice and their are 2 glowing blue blocks in front of you. And there's 4 guys shooting blaster rifles behind them that I cant seem to kill. I go to lift the block and they keep shooting me so I can't and I die, everytime. Any help?

20. Jawas

Jawas GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2006
    Canada
    On the left or right hand there is 2 box's that you can grip and it will through it at the same side allowing you to get through.