DS #2625: Viva PiÃata: Pocket Paradise (Europe)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! First the drought, now the flood. And September is only just beginning.
grog.gif
Good stuff...good stuff.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translucentbill said:
I never played the 360 version but, this one is great!

If you have a 360, then you should definitely get it. It's cheap enough by now. It was one of the games I was anticipating the most when it was first revealed. I love these quirky type games, and the 360 just doesn't have enough of them.

Anyways, tried this game out, and I'm liking it. Definitely a must have for any Viva Pinata fan.

mang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the error i get loading up VP:
"Cannot Access File. Please power off and reinsert game card"
on M3 DS Simply. Anyone know what this problem is about? I get a similar issue trying to play New International Track and Field

S

spectral

Seems to be working fine on Cyclo DS. However I have a friend with an R4 who is really going to want to try this(well his wife is) so if anyone knows if its working or not or how to get it working on R4 please let me know.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
HeatMan Advance said:
Why do people seem to always post box art opposite of the region? Which is which?

Cause when you run a popular site like this and you reiceive news of a release you want to make that post to the front page as soon as possible to feed the starving masses. However sometimes it can be hard to find the right regions boxart immediately and it is easier to use the other region's art first, its either that or no boxart, and more people complain when there is no boxart.

Atleast this is my expierce being an admin on www.ds-scene.net

Try2bcool

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PaperPlane said:
I've never played any Viva Piñata games.
What do you do in them?
Actually, don't respond to this, I'll just look up a vid.

I'll respond anyways...

You create a garden and if you have certain decorations, you attract specific Pinatas to come and live there. I guess you just keep building and collecting the different ones. You have to watch out though, because some of them don't like to live together in the same habitat.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While this is Rare, its not Rare as you may know them. A lot of the talent left a long time ago and started Free Radical, these were the people who brought you hits like Golden Eye on the N64 they went on and made the Golden Eye type game Time Splitters, others left and formed Eighth Wonder ( now defunct ). Starfox Adventure was the last game Rare made for Nintendo before their Nintendo shares, which were just under half the company, were purchased by Microsoft for about $375million . Later the Stamper Brothers who were the people who started "Ultimate play the game" ( Sabre Wulf, Atic Atac, Jetpac etc ) and were in charge of the company through most of its Rare days left. They have made quite a few games for Microsoft Studios since their Nintendo days, but its debateable if they have eared the money back Microsoft paid for them. Originally Microsoft said they would not be supporting any Nintendo platforms, including the GBA and NDS as they were interested I'm making they own handheld, this soon changed when Sony made the PSP and Microsoft seemed to drop the idea of a handheld. I still like Rare and sometimes they seem to have these sparks of creative genius even now. I am looking forward to sitting down with this and seeing how it plays.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For everyone to know, It works on my m3 simply with latest firmware.
Most of the data would have come from the cinematics that are prerendered and the voice clips.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so hooked on this game that it's not even funny. I've been playing it for hours now and I still don't want to put it down. I haven't even tried Spore yet.

It's defintely just as good as the 360 version, even better than it in my opinion.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn this is excellent. It is the 360 game but with better, better interaction & some tedious bits taken out.

Really goes to show how wasted Rare are with Microsoft, its not their audience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4