DS #2610: Dream Pinball 3D (Europe)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Careful, this is the one the publishers have been going bat-shit insane and lawsuit-tastic about people pirating on other platforms apparently
wink2.gif

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle4332048.ece

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Pirated-Dre...ent-92174.shtml

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Electric_Wizard said:
I'd steer clear personally... but then I would do anyway. Pinball has always been a refuge for shovelware

Are you referring to the folks downloading the game, or to the folks who post it? Usually when they go after anyone, they go after the folks sharing the files, not the users.

Electric_Wizard

Trophies
Website
www.obscenelygreen.net
XP
Country
There were the odd decent ones back in the day (I used to like Revenge of the Gator & kirby pinball on the GB) but it just seems really really lazy to be putting them out in this day and age.

How much depth could you ever add to a pinball game?

EDIT -

QUOTE said:
Are you referring to the folks downloading the game, or to the folks who post it? Usually when they go after anyone, they go after the folks sharing the files, not the users.

I believe it's both. I haven't looked into it, just heard bits and pieces on the radio

mxk1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Dragonlord said:
Not necessary. Timeshock! back then had it's charm. So not all of them are shovelware but unfortunately many are.

I agree. anything i've heard has always been for sharing, .. but back on the topic, i quite liked the US release of this.
thought the tables were fairly good, not as good as some of the PSP pinball games bus still very playable

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
Electric_Wizard said:
I'd steer clear personally... but then I would do anyway. Pinball has always been a refuge for shovelware

Exactly, whenever there's a headline of "Downloaders targetted", "Downloaders arrested" etc, when you actually read the article it's always someone who's been using some form of P2P and sitting balls out uploading the software to all in sundry that's been nabbed.

That said, Topware's lawyers seem to be on such a coke-fuelled power-trip I wouldn't be surprised to see threatening letters sent even to perfectly legal sites like GBATemp demanding they stop using their boxart and the name of the game without permission or some such nonsense
rolleyes.gif

Railgun

( ' _ ' )
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NFO
smile.gif

Code:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ __.:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ ____ .\/ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|ÂÂÂÂÂÂ:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ \ÂÂ/ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ:__ |ÂÂÂÂÂÂ|
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ\/ÂÂ________________/\ _ __|ÂÂ\| _ ___|________ÂÂÂÂ __________
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ /ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ /ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ\ÂÂÂÂ|ÂÂ \ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ \ __/ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ /
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ _/ÂÂ ______/ÂÂ __ÂÂÂÂ_ÂÂÂÂ|ÂÂÂÂ\ÂÂ_ ______ÂÂÂÂ/ \_ÂÂ_______/
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ \_____ÂÂ \ÂÂÂÂ \ÂÂÂÂ /ÂÂÂÂ|ÂÂÂÂ \_ÂÂ/ÂÂ _/ÂÂ_/____ÂÂ__)____
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/ÂÂÂÂ\ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ /ÂÂÂÂ |ÂÂÂÂÂÂ/ /ÂÂÂÂ\ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/ÂÂ|ÂÂÂÂÂÂ\
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ_____ÂÂÂÂÂÂ/____/ÂÂÂÂ\_____ÂÂÂÂÂÂ/ÂÂ\____|\ÂÂÂÂÂÂ/____ÂÂÂÂÂÂ/
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ\_____/ÂÂÂÂ/_______\ÂÂ\_____/ÂÂÂÂ |ÂÂÂÂ\ÂÂÂÂ/ÂÂÂÂ\_____/
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |ÂÂÂÂÂÂ|ÂÂÂÂ \ÂÂ/ÂÂÂÂNeB ^ sOS
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ s q u i r eÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |ÂÂÂÂÂÂ|ÂÂÂÂÂÂ\/
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |ÂÂÂÂÂÂ|
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ :ÂÂÂÂÂÂ|
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ:
ÂÂ- - Release info -------------------------------------------------------- -

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Title [-] Dream Pinball 3D (c) Southpeak
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂRegion [-] EUROPE
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLanguage [-] Multilanguage
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂPlatform [-] Nintendo DS
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSize [-] 512 MBiT
ÂÂÂÂRelease Date [-] August 29th, 2008

ÂÂ- - Game info ----------------------------------------------------------- -

ÂÂÂÂA great pinball game should not only be amazing from the start, but 
ÂÂÂÂshould continue to be entertaining every time you play it. This was
ÂÂÂÂthe thinking behind the development of the newest pinball sensation
ÂÂÂÂto hit the market - Dream Pinball 3D - with it's 6 cutting edge tables
ÂÂÂÂthat are beckoning you to try your luck. 
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂFeatures:
ÂÂÂÂ---------
ÂÂÂÂ* 6 tables with various themes
ÂÂÂÂ* Multi-ball mode - 3 balls at once
ÂÂÂÂ* Sounds and music with brilliant lighting
ÂÂÂÂ* Multiplayer mode - up to 4 gamers
ÂÂÂÂ* 6 dynamic +1 fixed camera position
ÂÂÂÂ* Pinball simulation game with realistic physics
ÂÂÂÂ* Balls made out of 6 materials such as: Steel, Wood, Marble, Ivory
ÂÂÂÂÂÂand Gold

ÂÂÂÂLanguages: English, French, Italian, German and Spanish!

ÂÂ- - Greets -------------------------------------------------------------- -

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ... all old friends ...

ÂÂ- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- -

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think this is the same as 2267, which I tried and then promptly removed. The graphics aren't so bad, but the pinball machines are poorly designed and the camera following the ball is really disorienting and distracting. Stick with Metroid Prime pinball.

-Bri

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually kind of liked the US version, but the tables don't have proper "modes" like a real pinball tables do. I only liked 3 of the 6 tables; Knight Tournament is my favorite. Spinning Rotors & Amber Moon are OK too. The other 3 kinda sucked to me.

Shameless plug: (I just can't help doing this whenever video pinball is mentioned)
Google "Visual Pinball", also "VPinMAME". Nearly ALL the real-life pinball machines have been re-created and are fully playable on your PC with those two programs. I have a collection of over 700 tables. It's all freeware and made by peeps who know how to program in Visual Basic. Of course, no video version of a pin can replace the real thing, but these re-creations do a mighty fine job. ALL the sounds, modes, even the dot-matrix displays......everything are in the re-creations. It's a little tricky to get going at first (very anti-noob program), but once you get it all set up you'll have hours of fun. If you know Visual Basic, you could even create your own tables.
Here's a good place to get you started:
http://www.vpforums.com

Purple

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
I actually kind of liked the US version, but the tables don't have proper "modes" like a real pinball tables do. I only liked 3 of the 6 tables; Knight Tournament is my favorite. Spinning Rotors & Amber Moon are OK too. The other 3 kinda sucked to me.

Shameless plug: (I just can't help doing this whenever video pinball is mentioned)
Google "Visual Pinball", also "VPinMAME". Nearly ALL the real-life pinball machines have been re-created and are fully playable on your PC with those two programs. I have a collection of over 700 tables. It's all freeware and made by peeps who know how to program in Visual Basic. Of course, no video version of a pin can replace the real thing, but these re-creations do a mighty fine job. ALL the sounds, modes, even the dot-matrix displays......everything are in the re-creations. It's a little tricky to get going at first (very anti-noob program), but once you get it all set up you'll have hours of fun. If you know Visual Basic, you could even create your own tables.
Here's a good place to get you started:
http://www.vpforums.com

Visual Pinball and VPinMAME are fantastic! and VB is quite easy to pick up/learn by yourself if you look at examples and read the help files for the commands you want to use. I made some pinball tables with VP having only very limited knowledge of Basic from when I was a kid.
smile.gif

Other pinball games worth playing on nintendo systems Pinball challenge Deluxe (GBA - is Pinball Dreams and it's follow up from PC) and, as already mentioned, Metriod Pinball (DS) which is a good example of adding depth to a pinball game.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Trolly said:
Sounds like you lot are talking about the woman who got a £10,000 fine just for downloading. She didn't do any sharing or anything. Pretty unlucky that.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but, well, no.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7568642.stm
QUOTETopware Interactive has won more than £16,000 following legal action against Isabella Barwinska of London, who shared a copy of Dream Pinball 3D.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Which would still put the stress on "shared". For mere downloading you can't get busted since unless they own the server sharing the files ( or a router in between ), which is very unlikely, they can't track you. Another is setting your torrent client to no uploading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended