DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

Riftard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
good news to M3 real owners like me ! the game works perfectly with the new M3DS real firmware 3.8 . didn't test the wifi yet .

SSUK

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure why people are attempting to play this game without any knowledge of the Japanese language, but for whatever reason here's a handy little translation of the WiFi screen for you:

The top screen when you first press on the Download selection from the main menu shows you the songs you've ALREADY DOWNLOADED, not songs available to download.

The big red button which reads: "ダウンロードする楽曲を選ぶ" will attempt to connect you to the Nintendo WiFi Connection to download songs.

The text underneath which reads (generally): 残り 0曲 means "Remaining: 0 Songs" which refers to the slots open to download. If it's 0, you cannot download songs.

The button below that which reads: "ダウンロードした楽曲の評価" is a song evaluator. I'm not sure of it's purpose for it gives you errors when you have 0 songs.

The button at the bottom of the screen: "Wi-Fi設定" takes you to the DS WiFi configuration screen. Press it and press "はい" to enter the configuration menu, "いいえ" to cancel.

To me, this looks like a conflict between how the flash cards save data and how the DS would normally save data. Meaning you'll probably have to patch the ROM to save data the way the Flash card wants to rather than how it would save normally. But it may be a case of Flash cards not formatting the save file properly TO save song files, so when the card checks for free space, it can't find the start of where downloaded data should go and rather than crashing, it returns 0 free space, hence our predicament here.

JamieA119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sephiroth said:
The save file I used was in this thread somewhere, can't find it though.

edit: arsed my self to run DS FTP and FileZilla, here it is http://www.filefactory.com/file/6703a6/n/XPA-BBDX_SAV

Thank you (and also the original uploader) for that. Works now
smile.gif

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I finally ordered my copy from Play-Asia, and I suggest you all do the same if you want to download songs.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This game is wonderful. They really improved the game a lot. I love that you can instantly see what scores you got in the tracklists. And I discovered the awesome feature to make a little melody and you can choose from various accompinament styles to make it into a nice little song with chord changes and everything! It's really very amazing. Off course too bad that it's only in Japanese.

Hanpusu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Riftard said:
good news to M3 real owners like me ! the game works perfectly with the new M3DS real firmware 3.8 . didn't test the wifi yet .
The wi-fi doesn't work it seems.

Damn Nintendo. You have made a pretty damn good job this time I must say
biggrin.gif

DigitalSilence

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jax said:
Well, I finally ordered my copy from Play-Asia, and I suggest you all do the same if you want to download songs.

yeah im probably going to order this one....

i hope they arent region blocking like Brawl...

and thanks for the feedback on the download screen though I'm not sure what xtsuname and others were saying in regards to the menu.

also the number under my big red button is "2"...

MrDo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also suggest people buy this.. Its a great series that disserves the purchase..

the only thing that makes me not want to purchase it(even though i did already... it comes on monday), is nintendos lack of interest in releasing this in other regions... I mean we have been seeing "band bros" USA and Eu previews since DS launch... Its my only gripe.. and i hate when nintendo does this with certain series of games..

Atleast they gave us elite beat agents... but still a localized version of band bros would be great.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I play this on my R4DS using the M3 save file provided earlier in this topic.

There's a strange thing though. I played a load of songs which then saved fine. The scores were visible and I could even turn the DS off, and later the saved data was there. But when I do something else in theis game and later on return to the song list, my scores are all gone.

Could this be because I am using a 512 mb save, while it has to be a 1 mb save file?

Any help would be great!

Heishiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing i'd like to give my opinion about is why the wifi isnt working, people are wondering if nintendo might have banned people with the fake save file so thats why they are not connecting, that is almost impossible, nintendo or any other manufacturer, would never be able to do this kind of thing in 1 or 2 days, for many reasons.

First cause they dont really care, second they probably wouldnt know already how to identify size modified save since this was never necessary before, and third and most important, even if they sorta came up with a patch to find who was using fake saves, they would need months of testing to make sure they wouldnt ban legal users, they would never simply release something in 1 day that could ban the people that bought the game, u can take wii firmware 3.3 as an exemple regarding this.

So surely wifi isnt working for compatibility issues with the smaller save, the game probably does some checking to how much space u have left to download songs, and when it notices there is no space at all it starts acting strange, thats why wifi and editor mode wont work correctly, and probably will only when developers release new firmware supporting this new save files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita