DS #2380: Guitar Hero: On Tour (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Jun 24, 2008.

Jun 24, 2008
  1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    ^^ndsrelease-3325^^

2. sbm888

Member sbm888 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i'll start it off - does it work without the attachment?? [​IMG]

3. Akotan

Member Akotan Mathematical!

Brazil
    From NFO (?!?):

4. hova1

Member hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    can i see the full NFO please
    edit: thanks Akotan

5. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, and it looks like a great version, something I'd pay for. But for $50, not so much.

6. Akotan

Member Akotan Mathematical!

Brazil

7. kuyamiko

Newcomer kuyamiko Member

United States
    looks interesting
    i might just buy it...
    maybe..

8. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    I might buy it unless someone hacks it to use the abxy or right hand d-pad buttons. Time will tell

9. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    Not much use for most people, but I hope some people get some use out of this. Enjoy this present from your friend at GBAtemp. [​IMG]

10. GodMedia

Newcomer GodMedia Member

United States
    I own the game (bought it a day early at my local game shop) and I backed up the cart with the NDS Backup Tool for slot-2.

Whenever you run the game, either from the original cart or from a flash device, without the adapter, the game says that you need the adapter and just freezes there.

I have not tried a downloaded copy, but the adapter works just as well with my backup copy as it does with the original cart.

11. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    So yea, i bought the game today. Yes, i had doubts about paying 50 dollars for DS Game. I thought Was the attachment really worth 20 bucks?? But i still bought it. I rushed home, unpackaged the box (Which is awesome and filled with stuff) I carefully set everything up, and ejected the M3 Simply and the Ram Expansion. I think this is the first time in a long while i did that. Then i snapped on my geek grip i mean guitar grip, then i turned on the power. I saw the menu screen, which was quite unfamiliar [​IMG] , then i took the pick stylus,(which is made of good quality) and touched the game icon.

The guitar grip is cool, but not that comfortable. You can customise it with skins.

The menus are a bit bland, and it can only be navigated with the stylus. I clicked on tutorial, then i played through the first one. If this is your first guitar hero, i suggest you play the tutorial. It is interactive and awesome, but i just quit it then went to practice mode.

I whipped up the first song on easy to get a feel for the controls. The grip is not comfortable, but i found a nice "confort zone" when i push my hand sideways so my pinky is on the blue key entirely. Then i bend my wrist towards myself. I have read through the booklet, yes it says dont bend your wrist, but i think it is better. It also says there are different ways to hold the grip, and to go to the website www.guitarheroontour.com

The characters are not that customisable. OK, you get to choose a character, one of 3 clothing, a guitar, and one of 2 finishes. Plus, you have to buy them with the fake money you get. The graphics are acceptable, but pretty awesome on DS Standards.

The songs are have some difficulty, but it might be me and my bad butter fingers [​IMG]
    Easy is too easy, and expert is only hard because of the grip.

The song list is okay, and the controls are nice. I never screamed rock out though... I must be a wimp :'(

I might write up a full review when i finish the game on medium

So, if you have extra money lying around, buy it!

(There is going to be another on at christmas, so pirate the next one)

12. Kusan

Newcomer Kusan Advanced Member

Mexico
    The tracklist is super...AWFUL
    There are like 2 real rock songs, the others are pop and that sucks...badly ¬¬

13. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    aww well since it's their first installment on the DS, they'll be sure to make better songs for the second one coming out at the end of this year i believe?

14. Saylient_Dreams

Member Saylient_Dreams GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I hope someone does hack it to work with the buttons, I just wanna try it out and see the tracklist(looks pretty small from what I saw on the games being released this week), and see the game for itself before buying it. I am planning on getting it though in a couple weeks, but I'd really like to see the songs, and the graphics of this first hand on the DS before buying it. I'm sure some others would like to as well before spending 50$ on this.

15. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Nice, a thread full of intelligent people. [​IMG]

I find it tiring to explain that scene members aren't wizards or anything. Dumping, cracking, etc, may take anywhere from seconds to years. Not everything is currently cracked, or will necessarily be anytime soon, contrary to popular belief.

16. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You know, it wasn't until someone mentioned hacking it to work with the buttons that I remembered previous GH installments working just fine without the actual guitar (didn't even require strumming). Granted, they could've easily skipped over this feature since it's impossible to purchase the cart without the add-on new from the store, but what happens if you break or lose the attachment? They could provide a replacement one online or in stores, but....

I don't know, seeing how there are four fret buttons and either the +Control Pad or ABXY...that's a little much to remove. But it was coded specifically to be held sideways, so I dunno.

17. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Can't wait until the custom songs hack comes out. I'd give it a week.

Messed up tip of the day:

Toysrus.com is currently running a buy 2 ds games get 1 free. Add 3 copies of Guitar Hero DS to a shopping cart. Remove the free picks. One free copy of guitar hero with the purchase of 2. Now it gets freaky. It's like 6 bucks shipping. You and a friend need a copy of Guitar Hero. So you split the cost of those two, you would have paid around 2.50 in tax anyhow. Return the third copy of guitar hero at Best Buy or another retailer. Free $50 gift card. Weird.

18. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    btw, why is this 2380? did we just skip like 13 releases?

19. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I think this is due to the renumbering of DS releases in the sticky JPH made today.

20. blahman

Member blahman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the longhaired kid from the ad still makes me shudder.