Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thug4L1f3 said:
HeatMan Advance said:
So every person that claimed they played were full of it? We just had alleged working cards debunked by people who are using the newest version of those same cards and still couldn't run it?

QUOTE(amiga @ Jun 7 2008, 02:36 PM) I played it and I have to say I really like it, it's funny to be able to destroy things (even if you cannot destroy everything).

It's working in a supercard sd with last version software.

JPH said it's working on SCDSOne so I guess supercards are go.

But not the slot 2 ones.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xdarkx said:
funem said:
xdarkx said:
I don't think it's worth the trouble in trying to get the game to work on any flashcard, since I found the gameplay to be really crappy.

What are you iusing to run it on then ?

no$

What settings are you using on no$? I just used it and I still got the same error message I get on R4.

14ww0bb.jpg

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I was using no$ 2.6a to play the game, so I didn't have to worry about changing the save type. After seeing that pic you posted, I can see that you didn't set the correct save type for that game. Just change the save type to Eeprom 8Kb and select Save Options. Then reload the game or restart the emu.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
its starting fine in iDeaS, no errors.

edit: it runs a hell of a lot better in no$gba 2.6 - the first level was kinda nice..nothing groundbreaking though (pun intended
tongue.gif
)

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xdarkx said:
Well, I was using no$ 2.6a to play the game, so I didn't have to worry about changing the save type. After seeing that pic you posted, I can see that you didn't set the correct save type for that game. Just change the save type to Eeprom 8Kb and select Save Options. Then reload the game or restart the emu.

Thanks I got it working on no$ now.

e9exvo.jpg

I can see how some may not prefer this, but I liked it and thought it was a solid platformer. Some of the vaulting sequences reminded me of Sonic. I also enjoy knocking the soldiers into each other and the variety of moves. The animation is smooth but the graphics are small. I guess it's because of the all the stuff on screen.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Although I avoid movie games like the plague, it was the screenshots everyone else was so horrified by that made me want to give it a shot, seeing as it had the potential to be an oldschool platformer rather than an awkward and ugly 3d third-person action games we've come to expect from licensed games.

Of course if it's an oldschool style platformer that sucks then it's neither here nor there
tongue.gif

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Not working on R4 but some guy claims he has made a patch so that it works on all flashcarts.. But we'll see, We'll See
biggrin.gif

Anyway, Im guessing the R4 team will take around another 3 years to update theire firmware so it can play this game.. Typical..
tongue.gif
I guess Ill have to start playing it on No$GBA I guess and hopefully it will work for me..
wink.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
Not working on R4 but some guy claims he has made a patch so that it works on all flashcarts.. But we'll see, We'll See
biggrin.gif

Anyway, Im guessing the R4 team will take around another 3 years to update theire firmware so it can play this game.. Typical..
tongue.gif
I guess Ill have to start playing it on No$GBA I guess and hopefully it will work for me..
wink.gif

There IS a patch......it's a special ARM7 fix and supposedly it makes it work with ALL flashcarts. I just played the game for a minute on my R4 (fw1.18) to verify it works. It does. I don't have any other slot1's to test. I played through the 1rst level and started into the 2nd. Shut the game off and rebooted and it saved my progress, so it's good. Google "Max Crass method", that's how I fixed it.

Game is kinda meh though, but I got it working on my R4.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solange82200 said:
Hmmm, it's working on Cyclo DS firmware 1.31? I wonder if I should downgrade my firmware. This sucks
frown.gif

I d-loaded and tried it out yesterday on my Cyclo. I'm on the Beta (1.4) and i PLAYED fine. When i quit, no saved games saved with it.

I don't know why people are irritated with this game. I was having a fun time with it! I was a little annoyed after i unlocked a couple o' skins and it didn't save, but thats not a HUGE deal. I'm gonna enjoy this one on the road
smile.gif

detourne_me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so i just beat the game, and unlocked everything but 1 skin.
what happens after you unlock it and beat everything? nothing.. you can just play through the levels you already beat with the new skins (but even the sounds are the same if you're playing as abomination, hulkbuster iron man or korg... ughh. what a waste of time
not sure if i'll update my edge firmware or not..

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
funem said:
Zulithe said:
so the iron man and hulk games are both disappointing, yet the reviews are good (well, iron man certainly was; early hulk reviews indicate it is also pretty good)

Iron man was a good game, I liked it and there were some good comments in the release thread, average reviews gave it about a 7 so for a film tie in its even better. Not played this yet so I reserver comment on it. That said in Iron man he was stopped by high powered weapons and tanks. I get the feeling that the more powerfull Hulk is going to be stopped by a kid with a pea shooter like mosty of the other games.

Edit: Don't work on my M3 real........ maybe its the shame of playing it, or an hitherto unknown M3 onboard quality checker has kicked in
unsure.gif
?

Yeah it does not work on my m3 real either. I was trying to get it to run to give it a shot but after reading the reviews here I think I am gonna pass. screens also don't make me want to play this game. not at all what I was expecting.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one of the things I keep telling people when they ask the dreaded question "what slot 1 cart should I get?". I know there are many good carts out there, but one of the main reasons I chose Cyclo is because of the responsive, professional nature of their tech team. There is rarely a problem (this is first time I've ever had game compatibility issues), but if there is, they fix it immediately. Can't ask for much more than that. Some of the other manufacturers sure could learn a thing or two from them. I mean, this game still sucks, but at least I found that out for myself.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2657

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.