Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
945081_20080414_screen005.jpg
945081_20080414_screen004.jpg
945081_20080414_screen001.jpg

You play it with the stylus making this game even less wanted by me. Anyway I prefer Kung-Fu Skunk.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
OK, I don't know shit about this game, but it looks and sounds ok, some of the stylus control games totally rock (The World Ends With You, Ninja Gaiden, Kirby Canvas Curse, etc.).

I'll definately give this a try, just gotta somehow free up some space on my memory card.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's obviously Oxyg3n under a different name. As soon as he got in trouble for one of his posts, these "newbs" started showing up. That is probably why the mods banned his original screen name too
smile.gif
Good riddance!

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Certainly not a bad game. Enjoying it more than lego indiana jones. Like a lightweight castlevania game, where you unlock new moves / attacks to reach new areas. Basic fighting so far, but still good. You drag the stylus to combine different attacks and there are special moves gained from the warriors too.

You even get the metroid morphball here..
biggrin.gif

8/10

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well well yet another movie tie in that isn't crap, its not great but its alright. Fighting feels a lot like Spider-Man 3 DS, which is by the same developers. Like that game this seems fun for a while and then you get bored.

The voice overs really irritate me, won't ever want to watch this film sick of all these animal films now.

5 and a half out of 10

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Well well yet another movie tie in that isn't crap, its not great but its alright. Fighting feels a lot like Spider-Man 3 DS, which is by the same developers. Like that game this seems fun for a while and then you get bored.

The voice overs really irritate me, won't ever want to watch this film sick of all these animal films now.

5 and a half out of 10

Seems to me that there was some kind of games developer meeting, and they all agreed to pull their fingers out, regarding movie tie-ins ...

P

pasc

Wow much VO in there ! Fun Game, although I'm busy with STil Alive (which I finished once yay) and LIJ

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hadrian said:
You play it with the stylus making this game even less wanted by me. Anyway I prefer Kung-Fu Skunk.

Playing with the stylus is not an issue for me its how they implement it. Ninja Dragon sword and Zelda used it well, its a fine line though between good controls and complete failure. I haven't tried this yet but I will tonight. Cant say I am expecting much though.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
5 and a half out of 10

Yeah, that's about right where I'd rate this game. The combat is pretty fun, and the combat controls are surprisingly responsive. But the type of demands the game's platforming put on you aren't really well-suited for holding a stylus in one hand. Seeings how Vicarious Visions has also been currently working on the Guitar Hero DS game (and perhaps other projects), they probably put only a handful of guys and gals on this project, and it shows. The basics are there, but nothing else. It's a bare-bones production, using some pretty good VV technology.

To the poster who asked about the VO work, I'm pretty sure that Jack Black did his own voice work for this game, but not sure about any of the other actors, having not seen the movie or knowing who else is supposed to be in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)