DS #2314: My Spanish Coach (Europe)

pakoito

Trophies
XP
Country
My HOYGAN coach.

This game makes me sick of hoy stupid market is.

sp.gif
!=
mx.gif

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is actually quite nice. Now, I'm just starting out in Spanish, so this is not for me, but I will tell the people who'd care to know what this is. Essentially, this is an English version of the Spanish My Word Coach, with all the spanish changed to English. Okay, maybe that's a bit confusing; let me try again. You know My Word Coach? That game had localized versions, among them, Spanish. Now this is just like what the Spanish version of it would have been, had you gone in and changed all the definitions to English instead of Spanish, but leaving the same vocabulary.

In other words, unlike the first game in the series, this teaches no grammar whatsoever, this is simply a re-tooled version of the Spanish version of My Word Coach. Definately something that could be most beneficial for those who have dabbled in Spanish for a while, but not quite fluent enough to actually use the Spanish version.

Nio

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Whats the Number # oif LEvel 1?

If i get both of them, will this really help me to learn spain???

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nio said:
Whats the Number # oif LEvel 1?

If i get both of them, will this really help me to learn spain???

The first part is #1752.

As to whether it would teach you Spanish, that would depend on what your goals are, and how you like to learn language. The presentation is very layman-y, and you'll find virtually no use of grammtical terms etc, which annoys me greatly as a grammarian. If you just want to pick up some Spanish for your holiday, or some such, you'd do very well with this, but these titles alone probably wouldn't make for the best serious effort in learning Spanish, at least not without supplements. They work quite well for drilling vocabulary, though, and the mini-games are quite fun. If you like the idea of using a game to help you learn Spanish, you should try it.

Mario123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Europe ROM = 32megs, USA ROM = 64megs
frown.gif

What's the difference between the Europe and USA versions?

or just use the Europe version?

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mario123 said:
frown.gif

They're different games altogether. The USA version is the first part, this is the second part.

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
jalaneme said:
is this ds game any good for fluent speakers who want to patch up on their Spanish? the last ds game that was like that was horrid
frown.gif

Absolutely. Get this one. It will give you a "test" to find you initial level of vocabulary, then teach you new words. It's test isn't very good, though, so you'll probably spend some time being taught words you alredy know, but this should be good for you, as long as vocabulary is all you're looking for.

Mario123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Orusaka said:
Mario123 said:
frown.gif

They're different games altogether. The USA version is the first part, this is the second part.

ah.. thx

both the usa and Europe roms have the same rom title
frown.gif

wished they named it 2314: My Spanish Coach2

Nio

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But 1752 is USA????

so whats the european "Level 1" or are we europeans so good, we start with "level 2"???

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nio said:
But 1752 is USA????

so whats the european "Level 1" or are we europeans so good, we start with "level 2"???

Only level one was released in the US, as far as I understand. Both levels were released in Europe, but only level 2, this one, has a scene release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/