Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me there, Thuggy.
unsure.gif

Game looks nice, hope it gets Western-zied.
---

About

NCSX said:
Isou is a spiky-haired farmer from the town of Saki where he lives with his wife Marin. When Isou gets caught up in political intrigue, he leaves the simple life behind and gets caught up in a fractious war between two countries.

Windaria was an animated movie that was released in Japan 22 years ago. It's unlikely to have much "brand" recognition or street cred amongst the jaded youth of today but Compile Heart has licensed the property for a dungeon exploration game on the NDS. Inomata Mutsumi designed the characters and the hero Isou appears to have influenced the look of a certain somber hero with blonde locks and a big sword.

The promotional material for the game touts randomly generated dungeons, real time action, and an involving storyline that stays true to the movie. The action takes place on the top screen while a map gets drawn out on the touch screen as Isou explores dungeons. The game system is based on Chunsoft's Mystery Dungeon engine which most recently served as the basis for Dramatic Dungeon Sakura Taisen. The movement and battles in the game are turn-based so that monsters and party members move in concert with each other. For example, every move you make governs the monster's move. If you don't move, no one else moves in the game world. Take one step forward and the monster takes one step.

Screenshots

blank.gif
blank.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Why did you delete my post JPH
ohmy.gif
!?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention in my blind rage that this rogue like game has recieved a few reviews and most of them are average/poor.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thug4L1f3 said:
Funny that as I uploaded it and saw it on the portal just fine.
Even so you could've just added it to my post without removing the whole thread
lecture.gif
Well, yes, true (I didn't see boxart in yours - shitty IE?)...I was planning on experimenting with Screenshots and the portal.
Sorry if I pissed you off, yo.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its actually based off a Japanese film from the 80's, here is a trailer of that.

KendoKhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why so many rouge likes on the ds there fun but were are the action RPGS !!!?
random dungeons are cool and i dont mind that, its just i grew up with games were the point is
not to die and these are the exact opposite of that it just buggs me and i cant enjoy it that much.
id just like the option of returning to town when i want.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the biggest problem with these randomly generated dungeon games is that the dungeons are so very very very bland...

So played through PMD and i dont find myself wanting to play another one again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended