DS #2303: Fab 5 Soccer (USA)

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another sign of the impending apocalypse. This is one of the worst games ever from a graphics standpoint. And they claim to have 24 "superstars", and Ronaldo is nowhere to be found (for those of you typical American soccer morons, he's only the best forward/goal scorer in the world right now playing on one of the best teams, Manchester United), which makes this go down another couple of notches in my book.

But I have to admit, it is kinda fun to play. It isn't nearly as complex as some of the other games like FIFA 2008, but it obviously wasn't meant to be. It's a more relaxed pick-up-game style. You just keep thinking that any second, one of these top-heavy players (their heads are abnormally HUGE) are going to tip over! Again, it isn't a very good game. I'm sure unless you actually like soccer, you probably won't like it at all.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
TrolleyDave said:
When I first saw the title I thought it was a soccer game starring rappers. D'oh!

Oh.. I miss the 90s
RapJam_Volume_One_SNES_ScreenShot1.jpg

BTW, is this game serious soccer or is more a Sega Soccer Slam kinda game?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kinda both
the soccer characters are not really humanlike. they remind me of those wii characters you create for wii sports of whatever. like biggish heads, smaller body?
the playing field is really cramped. i-could-shoot-a-goal-from-my-goalie-(i could, but i cant)kinda-close. graphics are so ummm. simple. simple gameplay also

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its by Destineer, they're worse than DSI. Played it for about 25 mins, it was alright and then it got far too easy. I can see people liking this though, but for me I'd rather stick with Fifa, hell Real Football 2008 was better than this.

Oddly for a cheapy DS title it has Online.

fab-5-soccer-20080423035116857.jpg

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Oddly for a cheapy DS title it has Online.

Expect to see this more from bottom-feeder developers ...

Look at what adding awesome voice chat did for Diary Girl ...

Crap Merchants like Destineer have figured out that if they stick a WiFi mode on every game, that they can squeeze a few more sales out ...

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
lol bad comments from hadrian... will skip it
Beginning to like FIFA 2008 but it just has to improve in it's tackling,passing and shooting technique (ie. the tackling is kinda sticky and the one-two pass is not so well timed and also the shooting is as if it's randomized)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea