Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
deathfisaro said:
Sweet!
I've heard about some negative user reviews, but as a UC fan I think I can overcome some bad game designs =P
sleep.gif
sadly as a UC fan, Giren's Greed is far superior than this game.
If you want to trudge through so-so gameplay to get a "review" of the UC timeline then play this.
Me, I'd rather change history.
(But still plays Emblem of Gundam through Char's route. Dammit!)

EDIT: Also, WHY THE FUCK DOES GATO GET A HUGE HEAD IN THE BOX ART AND I DON'T ANY SEE ANY QUATTRO!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Been looking forward to this ever since it was announced. Isn't it SRPG tho and not turn based? And I expect it's full Japanese, maybe a menu hack will come?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Orc said:
deathfisaro said:
blah blah
sleep.gif
sadly as a UC fan, Giren's Greed is far superior than this game.
If you want to trudge through so-so gameplay to get a "review" of the UC timeline then play this.
Me, I'd rather change history.
(But still plays Emblem of Gundam through Char's route. Dammit!)

EDIT: Also, WHY THE FUCK DOES GATO GET A HUGE HEAD IN THE BOX ART AND I DON'T ANY SEE ANY QUATTRO!

What's wrong with Gato getting some spotlight? My favorite characters, Char and Haman, are in the box art riding their mobile suits =/
(Gato is my third favorite
tongue.gif
) That carrot-phobiac has a gigantic head and helmet though.

hinu

Newcomer
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ojsinnerz said:
If it doesn't require you to know even the slightest bit of Japanese, I'm in.

Sadly, Gundam + Strategy + Does not require knowledge of Japanese == Does not compute.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm quite disappointed honestly. I just got past the California mission, and the cons are:
1) There's no obvious way of determining the outcome of a battle. 1300 power vs 200 power and neither side loses anything, huh?
2) Battle animation not skippable
3) No way to level up specific characters; all levelups are done by choosing a baton and it levels all characters in one basket. So no matter how many units Amuro kills, he could stay at level 1.
4) Resource system quite pointless, with character like Sailer Mars you'd be swimming in a pool of resources anyway.
5) No "evolve" tree; even after fully upgrading units, evolve option didn't come up. So it looks like you'd have to purchase new units.

Pros:
UC Gundam game.

Indicible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
2) Battle animation not skippable

Actually, they are, by pressing Y during animation.

But I agree: this game was a disappointment. Predicatiblity is nil (full force fighters against heavily damaged MSs barely damage them, while receiving 4 points of damage...), it is all about moving generic units on a board à la Risk. If I want a board game, I will play it withy friends, at least I will have the friendly banter to keep me company.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr