Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, May 3, 2008.
I've heard about some negative user reviews, but as a UC fan I think I can overcome some bad game designs =P
sadly as a UC fan, Giren's Greed is far superior than this game.
If you want to trudge through so-so gameplay to get a "review" of the UC timeline then play this.
Me, I'd rather change history.
(But still plays Emblem of Gundam through Char's route. Dammit!)
EDIT: Also, WHY THE FUCK DOES GATO GET A HUGE HEAD IN THE BOX ART AND I DON'T ANY SEE ANY QUATTRO!
If it doesn't require you to know even the slightest bit of Japanese, I'm in.
Been looking forward to this ever since it was announced. Isn't it SRPG tho and not turn based? And I expect it's full Japanese, maybe a menu hack will come?
What's wrong with Gato getting some spotlight? My favorite characters, Char and Haman, are in the box art riding their mobile suits =/
(Gato is my third favorite ) That carrot-phobiac has a gigantic head and helmet though.
Never played a gundam game before, I might try this out though . . .
Sadly, Gundam + Strategy + Does not require knowledge of Japanese == Does not compute.
Is Emblem Of Gundam (the title and gameplay) just like Fire Emblem?
Menu translation: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...;topic=42918861
Gameplay summary: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...;topic=42917617
Both worth a look if your playing this game. Still haven't made up my mind whether it's worth playing or not though, 3 missions played so far.
I'm quite disappointed honestly. I just got past the California mission, and the cons are:
1) There's no obvious way of determining the outcome of a battle. 1300 power vs 200 power and neither side loses anything, huh?
2) Battle animation not skippable
3) No way to level up specific characters; all levelups are done by choosing a baton and it levels all characters in one basket. So no matter how many units Amuro kills, he could stay at level 1.
4) Resource system quite pointless, with character like Sailer Mars you'd be swimming in a pool of resources anyway.
5) No "evolve" tree; even after fully upgrading units, evolve option didn't come up. So it looks like you'd have to purchase new units.
UC Gundam game.
Actually, they are, by pressing Y during animation.
But I agree: this game was a disappointment. Predicatiblity is nil (full force fighters against heavily damaged MSs barely damage them, while receiving 4 points of damage...), it is all about moving generic units on a board à la Risk. If I want a board game, I will play it withy friends, at least I will have the friendly banter to keep me company.