DS #2269: Iron Man (Europe)

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Movie turned game... not always a good sign. I tried the 360 demo and it wasn't that good to me. I'll wait for the USA release and I MIGHT try this out.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still don't get why wait for another region release when there are no language changes, unless there's WFC and region play would kick you into completely different continent than you're in.

Anyway from what I've seen the game doesn't look all that bad and I'll try it out soon.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Awesome Movie.
(Maybe) Awesome Game.

Conclusion: Going to pick this up!
happy.gif

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of us just don't need the extra languages and if we're going to try before we buy we'd rather see if the one in our region has any problems that we might experience from it.

Then there's also a little pet peeve about the letter U being mixed about in words that some of us aren't used to seeing.

I'll be waiting for the US release just because I'm still playing Contra 4, TWEWY, Etrian Odyssey and River King.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First game to give me hand cramp in a while.

Impressions:
So I really wanted this and then closer to the release I feared the worst for it but I like this game. Nothing amazing, just mindless shooting. Music is good, sound effects are just meh but they work. Nice to have voice work during actual gameplay, very clear. Graphics do the job, nothing great but nothing bad. The camera is good on both ground & flying missions and I didn't have any problems moving around and killing people.

Movement is done by d-pad, touchscreen can be used for shooting (tap in any direction and it shoots there), charging & missiles but you can use buttons if you wish. L/R are used to boost.

Might be too hard for some kids out there but for me it was a little easy so best on the hardest setting for those veteran gamers out there..

I thought that the on foot section would be horrible, but they were alright but flying around is more fun, imagine a more linear version of Desert Strike.

Best movie licensed game I've played on the DS but not something I would buy personally but unlike most movie games, if someone bought it me I won't be that upset. If you're not into shooting or superhero stuff this might not be for you. Beats the 360 version anyway. This is something I'll play to the end but probably not again unless I have an urge to play an man of Iron, even though he erm isn't.

7/10 based on four missions.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
First game to give me hand cramp in a while.

Impressions:
So I really wanted this and then closer to the release I feared the worst for it but I like this game. Nothing amazing, just mindless shooting. Music is good, sound effects are just meh but they work. Nice to have voice work during actual gameplay, very clear. Graphics do the job, nothing great but nothing bad. The camera is good on both ground & flying missions and I didn't have any problems moving around and killing people.

Movement is done by d-pad, touchscreen can be used for shooting (tap in any direction and it shoots there), charging & missiles but you can use buttons if you wish. L/R are used to boost.

Might be too hard for some kids out there but for me it was a little easy so best on the hardest setting for those veteran gamers out there..

I thought that the on foot section would be horrible, but they were alright but flying around is more fun, imagine a more linear version of Desert Strike.

Best movie licensed game I've played on the DS but not something I would buy personally but unlike most movie games, if someone bought it me I won't be that upset. If you're not into shooting or superhero stuff this might not be for you. Beats the 360 version anyway. This is something I'll play to the end but probably not again unless I have an urge to play an man of Iron, even though he erm isn't.

7/10 based on four missions.
I agree with most except the difficulty, I guess I'm a much worse player because the enemies keep hitting me
biggrin.gif
, I just don't like the way you have to afterburn out of everything (mainly missiles) but it works. I like the graphics but I think the game could run a bit smoother maybe. The soundtrack as you've said is very nice but that's not that uncommon for a movie game, the ending fanfare ruins it for me though. Also I didn't like the on foot section too much, mainly because of the camera which sometimes allowed enemies to dissapear from the view if they were behind me, the flying section has the camera looking to where you aim which is nice, and I couldn't dodge the bullets on the ground at all. What I'd like more in this game is more enemies and less shots needed to get rid of them, think geometry wars.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was just joking about this the other day...
chaotic_geo said:
Ain't really interested in a game that comes out for nearly every console.

Not much dedication towards the DS version, if you get me...
Of course there is a difference, the DS version is an ironing sim (you know, steam pressing clothing) from a unknown asian developer, with a "wii fit" style followup coming shortly.
rofl2.gif
(yeah I'm kidding)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superrob said:
Another Crappy movie based game?
Beats most that hit the DS, some will like it, some won't.

Try it for yourself and if you don't like it by the second level, you never will.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually this is quite a playable game, The controls are ok, the graphics are a bit small but do the job, sound and music is fine, second level is quite good I thought. I guess people will bash this game even before they have tried it though. I would say this was one of the best movie tie in games for a long while, when you also consider that there have been hardly any decent superhero games on the DS this starts to look even better. Honestly I would give this 7/10. definitely try it and make your own mind up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, his partner is Luke