DS #2203: Simple DS Series Vol 35 The Genshijin (Japan)

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States

genshijin_shots_00.gif

genshijin_shots_01.gif

genshijin_shots_03.gif

genshijin_shots_02.gif

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
dominator said:
WTF

Warcraft ? or a crappy update of eco certaure save the forest XD

QUOTEhe goal of Genshijin is evolution and lots of food is required to ensure the steady growth of your tribe. As the village grows ever larger, more food and resources are needed to maintain the population boom. With greater power comes greater responsibility where animals are attacked, killed, and reduced to a mutton chop to feed the village. Lead apes also have to contend with simple puzzle solving episodes which boost the intelligence and thus the primitive technology available to the intrepid gang of workers. When obstacles such as a big square-shaped wedge of stone requires knocking down, marshal your forces together and push it over to crack it. When a mastodon needs killing, crowd around the back of the poor animal and hack it until it keels over and poofs into a treasure chest. The ultimate goal of the game is evolution from ape to primitive man as your little village becomes a thriving bastion of early humanity.

Warcraft? Not quite.
Eco Creatures? No, but it does have critters.

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This seems like a ds version of the ps2 Simple 2000: vol. 99 - the genshijin, released as Darwin in Europe and as Adventures of Darwin in America. Should be the same concept, I guess.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
armagedalbeebop said:
i think you missed that dentist game i already saw a dump :x

Oh, trust me, we didn't miss it lol
wink.gif

We ripped the hell outta it haha

Posts merged

QUOTE(shinsil @ Mar 30 2008, 02:42 PM) Those screens kinda remind me of Pikmin, I hope it gets a DS release.

You mean Western release, or English release, surely ... as this is already as DS release.

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So wait,this doesn't work on R4?

Anyone confirm this?
(Id find out myself,but i dont have my DS handy atm)

EDIT:I tryed it out,it doesn't work(on R4)

it gives me a black top screen,and a black bottom screen with some white japanese text in the middle(i tryed pressing button,touching the words...nothing)

Ah well,it will hopefully be fixed in the next version (1.18)

Orusaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
pilotwangs said:
So wait,this doesn't work on R4?

Anyone confirm this?
(Id find out myself,but i dont have my DS handy atm)

EDIT:I tryed it out,it doesn't work(on R4)

it gives me a black top screen,and a black bottom screen with some white japanese text in the middle(i tryed pressing button,touching the words...nothing)

Ah well,it will hopefully be fixed in the next version (1.18)

That sounds bad. I have to test and see what the text says. I'm kinda hoping it's not copy protection, but it sounds likely. It's not like anyone's gonna care about this game, but if this has the same sort of checksum protection as crystal chronicles, it's a bad omen. It will be the death of the R4 when every new game will need cheats, a patch, or worse, a firmware upgrade. I guess it's not the end of the world to have to splerge on another cart, but I am happy with my R4. We shall see, I guess.

edit: doesn't say anything about protection. Just says the the data can't be read, and suggests some stuff you can try, which I didn't bother reading.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Orusaka said:
This seems like a ds version of the ps2 Simple 2000: vol. 99 - the genshijin, released as Darwin in Europe and as Adventures of Darwin in America. Should be the same concept, I guess.
Its exactly that.

The genre should be Strategy rather than action.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doesn't work on cyclo either, same thing happens, black top and bottom with japanese text. But if it's hard to play without knowing japanese I guess I'll pass it until it gets a english release or until I learn some more japanese.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo