sc2_gallerupdate_030808_5.jpg

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheStump said:
i wonder if this also has English text within the ROM.
It certainly appears so. There's a folder called 01English inside data which contains the same files and folders as data. Which means making it English should be as simple as copying all those files over the originals. Gunna test now and report back in a few.

EDIT: It's still in Japanese...
rofl2.gif

EDIT2: Upon further inspection it appears all the text is in the MessageText folder in .txt files, and even in the 01English folder all the text in the files is in Japanese... so tough luck, I guess. Someone'll have to translate the files themselves.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So it's as easy as Sim City DS 1. hm.
Got the old one hacked , but since there is so much text in the game I don't even try it this time. Although I maybe will try to translate the menu. Could somebody ask defeufeu (Did I spell his name right ? ) if he could look into the graphic files if they are standard or not ?
If yes I will try to translate some bits , although the translation will be based on translating tools and my Mind to figure out what the real message could be. (worked for me @ Sim city 1 )

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I played it a bit. It's playable even if you don't understand English.

At start you have to imput your name , name of the city , a slogan (i think so) in that order.
Then just use the labor option and you will start building in a ancient time.
biggrin.gif

It's pretty cool.

€dit:
I found a file in the rom ...
with disguisting things in it.
It's a text file containing "bad words" like cocaine , aids , and things I should not write down here.
ohmy.gif

I'm going to test my partial translation and if it works I'm going to show off some screenshots , so stay tuned.
biggrin.gif

€dit²:
Hell yeah it works!
Menu seems to be just buttons with text from textfiles. hehe.

€dit³:

Here are some more screenshots.
biggrin.gif

simcity2.png

simcity3.png

zannyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This translation is going really well, keep it up. Tried sim city 1 cant say i liked it compared to the pc versions but will give it another go, too busy with luminious arc right now anyway lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there