DS #2150: Mi Experto en Ingles (Spain)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 2,988
  • Replies 10
  • Likes 1

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OBJECTION! They didn't even spell English right. Ingles? Seriously? That's not even close. Should we be letting this teach children a language it can't even spell?

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jumpman17 said:
OBJECTION! They didn't even spell English right. Ingles? Seriously? That's not even close. Should we be letting this teach children a language it can't even spell?

Inglés = English
Ingles = Groin

You know, diacritic accents are diacritic because they are used to tell things apart
tongue.gif

Sykoex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know why these companies refuse to make a "learn japanese" game, once everyone knew japanese they'd just import all their games from Japan and not but any more Petz games.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sykoex said:
I think I know why these companies refuse to make a "learn japanese" game, once everyone knew japanese they'd just import all their games from Japan and not but any more Petz games.

Because Japanese is a more complex language (well kanji is) and isn't as easy to learn as a latin language with a roman alphabet that's the same as yours... Hiragana and Kitakana are enough of a workload but Kanji (which is what matters for games anyways) is too hard to learn from a My Japanese Coach game.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Truliche said:
Sykoex said:

Because Japanese is a more complex language (well kanji is) and isn't as easy to learn as a latin language with a roman alphabet that's the same as yours... Hiragana and Kitakana are enough of a workload but Kanji (which is what matters for games anyways) is too hard to learn from a My Japanese Coach game.

Not to mention this is marketed as a Spanish target. And here, %90 of those who want to learn a language lean towards English. A "learn Japanese" coach wouldn't have such a broad market to work with, not here, not anywhere... at least compared to those games based on widely-spread languages, such as Spanish, English or French. On top of everything, this "game" is supposed to be a "helper" to acquire and remember new vocabulary. It has nothing to do with the actual learning of the language.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jumpman17 said:
They didn't spell English correctly, you mean (when in fact, as that Spaniard pointed out, they did).
You should give some of these language games a whirl so that you can speak English "real good".

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Alastair said:
jumpman17 said:
They didn't spell English correctly, you mean (when in fact, as that Spaniard pointed out, they did).
You should give some of these language games a whirl so that you can speak English "real good".

You know, you're a real asshole when it comes to grammar and shiz.

This isn't the first time you've been rude to someone about correct grammar.

Stop being such a smartass
dry.gif

St_Zartan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are avoiding the real issue, the one that the MAINSTREAM MEDIA considers too hot to touch:

When is Homie Rollerz getting dumped
frown.gif

Seina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jumpman17 was obviously making a joke and kanji is not hard. Remembering The Kanji 1 by James Heisig, combined with kanji flashcards, makes it easy. The kanji and the vocabulary reinforce each other making them easier to remember. Sykoex, I am also waiting for a Japanese learning DS game aimed at English speakers. Someday some game will be the first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all