DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
Well, I'm glad it seems to be working for you ... no doubt someone will pick up on this and create some kind of patch, or what-have-you ... or at least make this information widely available.

Well we could always tell Rayder about it, he'd put it in his Cheat database.

Telling an admin/mod would probably get it on the frontpage, or at least some sort of small announcement (as a p.s, maybe).

Posts merged

QUOTE(woody0 @ Mar 14 2008, 11:52 PM) sorry, i cant be bothered trying to find if this works or not, so il just ask... does this game work now on the R4 or not? as i really want this

With the AR code cracker posted.

http://rapidshare.com/files/99592236/USRCHEAT.dat.html

That is Rayders newest (13th of March) usrcheat.dat with the code entered under the label "test". Just enable it before starting the game and make sure it's always on.

Inspektor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I'm just supposed to put the usrcheat.dat file in the root of my SD card and I'm good to go? I should just launch the game from the R4 menu like I always do?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Inspektor said:
so I'm just supposed to put the usrcheat.dat file in the root of my SD card and I'm good to go? I should just launch the game from the R4 menu like I always do?

Put it in the folder named _system_

before running the game, press Y to bring up the cheat menu. Go down until you see the cheat labeled "test" and make sure the box is checked. Save the changes and then run the game.

CockroachMan: I'm about an hour into the game now, havn't had the message once. Not even after killing the first boss.

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blah. I have a G6DS Real, and I'm trying to add it to my Cheats.db file but its not showing up when I try and load the game. God damn I hate how complicated the cheat system is on the G6, and I can't remember how to add new codes to its database. Argh.

Thanubis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.amishrakefight.org
XP
Country
United States
blank.gif

Bman55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm using an R4, and I added the USRCHEAT to my _system_ folder, then applied the cheat and ran the game. I'll let you guys know what happens in less than an hour.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
If you passed the first 20' ( Hill Caves ) you can move to the city of Rebena Te Ra and visit The Abandoned Town ( i've got a nag there when leaving with a G6 lite yesterday ) and check back the room with a red magical door ... if you got no nag when you leave ... then it is safe i think :-)

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would be nice if this was fixed before we hit the 100th page
tongue.gif

But, seriously, I don't see why, in theory, that this shouldn't be able to be used in some kind of patch for the rom itself, as opposed to just being applied as a cheat.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
drakehart said:
Law said:
Anybody else want to try out the code cracker posted?

Add

120F882C 00000000
120FB658 00000000

into your cheat/usrcheat.dat

Just want to find out whether I'm extremely lucky or not.

I've been trying this code for 62 minutes till now, and no MSoD till now...
using a R4

can we now know what the hell this code does? I'm pretty corious
happy.gif

I'm not sure really, cracker didn't say.

Maybe it disables the crc check? Although I'm not sure if that's possible through an AR code...

It apparently resets the timers that caused the "Thanks for playing" nag screen (seems I read that in THIS thread). I've been playing for 45 minutes as of this save (which is 40 minutes since the last save) since enabling the code and I haven't seen that nag screen yet. Before, I couldn't play for even 20 minutes. So I guess I will end up playing this games after all, but more testing is required to see if it's permanent or if that will still come up later.

Cracker, did YOU create this code or did you just find it somewhere?

When I update the dat, I'm going to have this cheat enabled by default. So you won't even need to do anything besides have the latest update on your R4/M3.
hrth.gif

Expect the dat to be updated in a matter of minutes.

gsarlis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
People don't get your hopes up, the whole screen thing is pretty random.
Most of the times it pops up after 20 minutes but yesterday i played ~65 minutes and the screen appeared. I'm gonna try the cheat although and let the DS play all night so i'll let you know tomorrow.

(I have an R4DS with 1.14FW btw)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...