DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

Migs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the EU Release still has the dreaded 'Moogle' screen, Then I'll consider buying the (reported working) Edge card. Since that is the next Flashcart I have access too locally (Bought my DSTT in the UK).

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Migs said:
If the EU Release still has the dreaded 'Moogle' screen, Then I'll consider buying the (reported working) Edge card. Since that is the next Flashcart I have access too locally (Bought my DSTT in the UK).

Or you just just ::gasp:: buy the game.

drakehart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Migs said:

But... if Squarenix really developed such an anti-piracy system aiming particularly at cartdridges that patch the roms, it means that some of their staff studied how the most famous cartdridge such as R4 works.... they're probably also reading this same thread as guests (and laugh maniacally),
If so, wouldn't they then consider this line of thought?
1) the pirates will first analyze the problem and discover how the new anti-pyracy system works
2) while waiting for the R4 or M3 teams to write a fix they will definitely try to overwrite the english dialogues and/or voices into a japanese version of the game but that would obviously not work due to some critycal differences in the two versions ( the alphabet for example)
3) they will definitely try (if haven't still found another workaround, in which I believe SE is hoping a lot it won't happen too soon) to overwrite the english dialogues into a EU rom, as it is much more similar to the USA release.

so, the next statement would be: why shouldn't they put the same protection onto the EU versions?

I'm not sure if I can say this but I believe a good amount of roms go to the public thanks to european sites.

Migs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jesterscourt said:
Migs said:

Or you just just ::gasp:: buythe game.

Yes, but there are 2 factors that prevent me from buying this game.

1) Even with the released rom, I haven't played enough of the game to *really* make me want to buy it. (Don't tell me the characters stay as-they-are in the beginning Dungeon through out the game!)

2) Given the Nintendo DS Distributer in South Africa is utter crap and selective in what games gets released in the country, I may or may not even SEE this game released over here, hence making me order it UK side. Thats going to be a bit pricey.

I'll probably going to wait for The World Ends With You to be released before buying the Edge. If the same FFCCROF problem happens there, then sign me up for The Edge.

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
1) copy protection is based on crc check told by some korean hacker (some technical mumbo jumbo to give my post creditability)
2) counterfeit copyprotection with some low level hacking (some more technical stuff which i don't understand but i wanna sound cool)
3) ????
4) profit!!!!

edit: i mean like some of you have some sort of clue. and guess what, i think sceners won't show up now to help you to crack this
protection. guess why? you removed intros in front of games and put the games into fserves. lol. so we will be stuck with this funny
moogle screen until some finds out what protection is about.

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cutman said:
I hope this problem never gets solved, just for people like ShadowStitch.

Haha, well don't get all sour grapes on MY account. I haven't downloaded it, and I'm not going to -- I could care less about the game, retail or otherwise. I was merely remarking that I think it's a waste of time and money to introduce such measures into a game, when removing it is simply an exercise for your average release group. So don't worry your pretty little head; It'll be ripped out of the game sooner or later, by someone who enjoys the challenge -- it's only a matter of time.

Me, I'll be replaying Front Mission. Again. While waiting for Disgaea DS.

P

pasc

drakehart said:
Migs said:

But... if Squarenix really developed such an anti-piracy system aiming particularly at cartdridges that patch the roms, it means that some of their staff studied how the most famous cartdridge such as R4 works.... they're probably also reading this same thread as guests (and laugh maniacally),
If so, wouldn't they then consider this line of thought?
1) the pirates will first analyze the problem and discover how the new anti-pyracy system works
2) while waiting for the R4 or M3 teams to write a fix they will definitely try to overwrite the english dialogues and/or voices into a japanese version of the game but that would obviously not work due to some critycal differences in the two versions ( the alphabet for example)
3) they will definitely try (if haven't still found another workaround, in which I believe SE is hoping a lot it won't happen too soon) to overwrite the english dialogues into a EU rom, as it is much more similar to the USA release.

so, the next statement would be: why shouldn't they put the same protection onto the EU versions?

I'm not sure if I can say this but I believe a good amount of roms go to the public thanks to european sites.

The thing is... they could always build in new checks in newer games that work differently and check things like the eeprom being accessible, the CRC and the DS being flashed or not... so there would be enough space to annoy us without the feared blowfish encryption...

Quite a turn of events lately. Kinda interesting to watch though.

kenet.deluxe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kenet.deviantart.com
XP
Country
France
rest0re said:
edit: i mean like some of you have some sort of clue. and guess what, i think sceners won't show up now to help you to crack this
protection. guess why? you removed intros in front of games and put the games into fserves. lol. so we will be stuck with this funny
moogle screen until some finds out what protection is about.

So true
smile.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowStitch said:
Haha, well don't get all sour grapes on MY account. I haven't downloaded it, and I'm not going to -- I could care less about the game, retail or otherwise. I was merely remarking that I think it's a waste of time and money to introduce such measures into a game, when removing it is simply an exercise for your average release group. So don't worry your pretty little head; It'll be ripped out of the game sooner or later, by someone who enjoys the challenge -- it's only a matter of time.

Me, I'll be replaying Front Mission. Again. While waiting for Disgaea DS.

Haha, what you're forgetting is that most "release groups" nowadays are just morons with a flashcart and Rudolph's tool.
rolleyes.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
pasc is quite right ... they could keep this up indefinitely, without even resorting to 'overkill' tactics.

And by the time the DS dies off, all that copy protection will have been for nothing, because it will all have been cracked.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Migs said:
A friend of mine is using the G6 Real using firmware V2.8. It worked from the Start, already clocked in an hour of gameplay with no problems.

When he used Firmware V3.1, it corrupted the contents of his card and took a while to recover his lost data, which he got all back.

I used firmware 2.8 and got the screen after 20 mins

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm, not sure I see the fuss. If you want to play it badly enough, just keep saving to make sure you don't lose where you are. I've played an hour into the game, and had 4 "Thanks for playing" screens. Each time I've been right next to a save point, so it hasn't been a problem.

Alternatively, each time you get to a save point, turn it on and off to reset the time before you get the "Thanks for playing" screen.

So not really fussed.

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
thebobevil said:
pasc is quite right ... they could keep this up indefinitely, without even resorting to 'overkill' tactics.

And by the time the DS dies off, all that copy protection will have been for nothing, because it will all have been cracked.

This whole "Anti-piracy tricks encouraging the pirates" thing reminds me of the brief PSX Anti-Modchip debacle...which was hilarious and backfired beautifully, because it was designed to stop people from playing games on their modchipped PSX, but some coders just removed the modchip detection from the games... So the delicious irony was that if you had a modchip you COULDN'T play the real game. You HAD to get a cracked copy in order to play it. They PUNISHED people for buying the real game.

Then the chip coders made "Stealth" modchips. Lol.
ph34r.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Social0 said:
Migs said:
A friend of mine is using the G6 Real using firmware V2.8. It worked from the Start, already clocked in an hour of gameplay with no problems.

When he used Firmware V3.1, it corrupted the contents of his card and took a while to recover his lost data, which he got all back.

I used firmware 2.8 and got the screen after 20 mins
I think something that often get forgotten to mention in these threads are what settings were used. I usually just play the game with cheats off, soft reset off, and trim off and generally never have a problem. So when someone says "DSTT doesn't work" they should really say what setting they used.

Since the M3 Real works and its essentially the same thing as the G6 Real I am really curious to why its reported the G6 Real did not work unless that person used the soft reset option? I'd give it a go but I am still busy playing Smash Bros

snumbers

Trophies
XP
Country
The message pops up on my m3 simply whenever you complete a 'multiplay' (albeit single player) mission. This has really killed the game for me. I could stand playing through storymode, even if worrying about saving reduced the enjoyment, but multiplay was the major draw- right? That's what I was assuming from the pre-release material (confirmed by my limited play on the protected rom).

So, you win this one squeenix.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
ShadowStitch said:
m3rox said:
thebobevil said:

This whole "Anti-piracy tricks encouraging the pirates" thing reminds me of the brief PSX Anti-Modchip debacle...which was hilarious and backfired beautifully, because it was designed to stop people from playing games on their modchipped PSX, but some coders just removed the modchip detection from the games... So the delicious irony was that if you had a modchip you COULDN'T play the real game. You HAD to get a cracked copy in order to play it. They PUNISHED people for buying the real game.

Then the chip coders made "Stealth" modchips. Lol.
ph34r.gif

Well.. same thing is happening with the Wii and SSBB with the Wiikey..
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum