DS #2073: Naruto: Ninja Destiny (USA)

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After playing the JPN release, Shinobi Retsudan, I can honestly say it feels like a portable version of the GNT series. Most notably, GNT2 or 3. It is actually a really good fighter and I heard the US version has improved framerates over the JPN release. On top of the fact that they included the three Sannin, one of which is my favorite character, Orochimaru!!!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the Euro release and thought the fighting was way too shallow. But this game proves to me that if Namco got off their lazy asses, they could create a pretty decent version of Tekken for the DS.

And while I'm at it, Capcom are lazy bastards too for not making a Street Fighter for DS.

And SNK for a lack of a King of Fighters game.

I want a GOOD, proven fighting game to play on the DS. Don't tell me about Mortal Kombat....never did care for that game. If they can make halfway decent fighters for the GBA, then they could make a really good one on the DS.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:
I played the Euro release and thought the fighting was way too shallow. But this game proves to me that if Namco got off their lazy asses, they could create a pretty decent version of Tekken for the DS.

And while I'm at it, Capcom are lazy bastards too for not making a Street Fighter for DS.

And SNK for a lack of a King of Fighters game.

I want a GOOD, proven fighting game to play on the DS. Don't tell me about Mortal Kombat....never did care for that game. If they can make halfway decent fighters for the GBA, then they could make a really good one on the DS.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
I absolutely hated Naruto, and it'll be likely that I won't play this game, seeing that it got a 65 from Metacritic... I'll read the Gamespot's review, then decide.
No. No. You should never rely on Gamespot. EVER.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cupajoe38 said:
ojsinnerz said:
I absolutely hated Naruto, and it'll be likely that I won't play this game, seeing that it got a 65 from Metacritic... I'll read the Gamespot's review, then decide.
No. No. You should never rely on Gamespot. EVER.

To be honest, I agree. The three of their best reviews left/or got fired. (Alex, NOOOOOOO). I don't like their new reviewers. I should've just said metacritic and that's it. Might as well edit it now...

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Why the hell would you focus your opinion based on Gamespot? No scratch that, why would you focus your opinion based on any game review site?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ctkxtreme said:
ojsinnerz said:
Why the hell would you focus your opinion based on Gamespot? No scratch that, why would you focus your opinion based on any game review site?
Because some sites I can actually see how it is. The reason why I do so, is because when a user reviews it, there might be something that can give it a high score, or a low score. Like, when I played a Naruto game with a friend of mine whose obsessed with it, played a Naruto game, he'd said it rocks. But when I played it, it really sucked. It was shallow, and pure button mashing, and you still would've gotten all of the combos right. Some, might ignore some games because they hate the franchise or just simply hate the company that made it. Like when the Bleach game out, I didn't want to play it, until everyone agreed it was good. Users and Reviewers. Afterwards, I actually liked it.

I'm not saying there's bad user reviews out there, but professional reviewers can do a better job.

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I still find this a decent game. Of course, it lacks depth, but then again, so do all the Naruto fighting games.
Also I just found out there's a sequel to this game focusing on Shippuden.

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
it gets too easy once u know all the buttons. gameplay is pretty fun. story mode and battle mode is pretty short. story mode beat normal once and only unlocked one character-temari. looks like its gona be a while . 8/10 for the game

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Spoiler tag is broken
frown.gif

Screen shots:

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it.

The fighting seems shallow at first, but there's some counters that can be triggered if timed right. One of the best fighters on DS so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1