DS #2048: Bokujou Monogatari Kira Kira Taiyou to Nakama Tachi (Japan)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I love the Bokujou Monogatari series... But after the GBA one the series worsened every next game
frown.gif

Let's hope this one is better... Gonna try it soon.

EDIT: Seems pretty decent actually... This might be the good one for DS... (HM:DS was simply horrible, HM:IoH was pretty boring... but I played it in Japanese, so I'm gonna wait for the English release to confirm my opinion on IoH, though)...
Now Natsume, speed up with those translations!
biggrin.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
bloody hell, they're taking ages with the localisations of these. harvest moon for girl hasn't even come out in the states yet, has it? then there's that island of whatever, and now this one. and god knows when they'll reach europe.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Didn't even know there was a new one coming out - the last Japanese game hasn't even been released in English yet
frown.gif

I'll take a wild guess that this is kinda based on the new Wii Harvest Moon?

Since:
Friends of Mineral Town based on Back to Nature
Harvest Moon DS based on A Wonderful Life
Island of Happiness based on Magical Melody

It'd make sense
tongue.gif

By the way, Europe gets these games very, very late. Magical Melody was originally released in Japanese on the Gamecube at the beginning of 2005 (USA in '06), but the PAL version has taken so long it got shifted to Wii and STILL hasn't been released yet.

Akeos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man, i just tried this out, The beginning that is and i think its cool!!

I think i may love this game as much as Friends of Mineral Town.

Only thing i'd like to know is if they have changed the scenario a bit. i was led to believe at the start ur shipwrecked
on a island and had to start a farm with the few other people with you. at the beginning, the island looked pretty civilised to me.

Now i really cant wait for the english release
frown.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thread made me go back and play FoMT. This looks really similar to it though. I was disappointed by all the latest Harvest Moon releases. This seems to be the one to bring them all back on track.
smile.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Why is everybody raving about FoMT? For me the best one has to be Harvest Moon 64.

Anyway, guess I'll wait on the English release of this, although it'll probably take a while.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I played through about a half-hour's worth of the game just to take a look at it, and I'm pretty happy with what I saw. The main thing -- and call me a graphics whore all you like, `cause I am one -- is it looks great. They seem to have used the same building blocks from Rune Factory, though there are more 3-D elements in this game. The sounds are all pretty much the same as what was in the last Cube Harvest Moon game, which is pretty cool. The menus are easy to navigate, and there's a hotkey thing where you can set various items / tools for easy access. The only thing I had a small issue with is the detection of the highlighted-action areas. Like in Rune Factory, where when you're plowing, watering, etc., and there's a highlighted area over a piece of land, in this game you have to have your character situated in just the right place in order for the action to engage properly. It's not a big deal, and I quickly got accustomed to where I needed to be in order to plow and all that, but it's something worth noting, I suppose.

Anyway, the game seems to have a lot of nice touches, including being able to toggle to top map, and I very much look forward to an English version. As with any Harvest Moon, this game isn't going to appeal to everyone, I'm sure, but for us folks who dig this sort of laid-back adventuring, it looks to be fun.

sharksweetheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bloody hell, they're taking ages with the localisations of these. harvest moon for girl hasn't even come out in the states yet, has it? then there's that island of whatever, and now this one. and god knows when they'll reach europe.

Actually Harvest moon boy and girl is out for the PSP. Its basically a remake of the Harvest moon on PSX, which is basically the same as friends of mineral town. Also I think the girl version been out on gba for quite a while, its called more friends of mineral town, I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte