Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
What the heck!? I wonder if they made changes to it? Battle Revolution wasn't released in Korea, nor were any of the GBA games. Not to mention no other edition of Diamond or Pearl has Korean fonts (which would cause problems trading).

This will be an interesting release to study!
happy.gif

D

Deleted User

Korean game were made to make the european feel better with their delays.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Makes me curious about Mystery Dungeon Blue also. Since Mystery Dungeon Red didn't come out there.

No first-party Korean GBA games were ever released, only third-party ones licensed by Nintendo. According to Pocketheaven's release list just 5 came out period.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
It'll be interesting to try this - downloading now.

Since JPN/USA game saves are interchangeable, I'll try my Pearl save first, catch a Korean Pokemon, then use my USA game again. I'll also examine Korean save under Pokesav.

Wonder what will happen.

EDIT: The save does not seem to be compatible. Got pwned by Rowan (new game started)
mad.gif

EDIT: This is getting creepy. After saving over my file in the Korean game, I go into Pokesav to look at it and my old Pokemon are still there!!!
ohmy.gif
Upon restarting the Korean game, I find that the game had indeed saved successfully. But Pokesav could still read the old data. Hmm...

EDIT: NVM, another save after Piplup obtained wiped the data. Pokesav is getting me a proper reading. Can read Piplup but not display Korean characters.
bow.gif
The Piplup's country setting in Pokesav is (none) but might be because the KOR region is not set in Pokesav.

EDIT: The wireless capability is hopeless incompatible with the USA version.

I'm too lazy to try with PBR... but there's a safe bet it will not work.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In case you wonder about the old data in the save, a Pokémon (as of Ruby/Sapphire anyway) save always actually contains TWO saves. This is to prevent the save from being erased when the power gets cut during saving. If the newer save is corrupted for some reason, the older one will be loaded instead. (This is the "The save has been corrupted, the previous file will be loaded." message that happens on most GBA flashcards/emulators, by the way.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.