DS #1997: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Europe)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
is this better than the god awful Wiii version? Seriously Sega should stop making games now.

Are you crazy? The Wii version was fabulous! Loved it!

I admit on the first go I didn't know what to think of it, but after a few hours I thought it was a wonderful game.

Seriously if you don't like THIS game, then the Wii probably isn't your type of console.

So to answer your question, I think the DS version is just as god awful as the Wii version, which, in my book, is BRILLIANT!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No, it are all different mini-games, like arrow shooting, cycling, running,...
Its quite fun, for half an hour, but its also very bad for your touchscreen, because it uses the touchscreen like all the time.
Like with running you have to move back and forth all the time on the touchscreen.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As a track and field game it is absolutely awesome...and it doesn`t try to do or to be anything else.
yaynds.gif

I really don`t know, what most of the people, who think that theses two games (the Wii and the DS version) suck, expected them to be... These are pure Track and Field games and even more, because of the excellent controls (especially the DS version).

For anyone who likes this typ of game I really recommend it.

The only thing lagging is the wifi-support. I really was looking forward to some online-matches and not just online-ranks.

Good job SEGA (and in the last few years I didn`t say that too often
dry.gif
)

bow.gif

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that makes me not want to play is how the touch screen is used. That motion of side to side sweeping constantly scares the crap out of me because that is probably so bad for the screen, just like the Quedan spinners T_T If the motion is repetitive, then the user is bond to put more pressure on the screen as the speed increases, so its a no go for me.

teapea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I said this in the USA release and I'll say it again in here.

QUOTE said:
I guess you lot are all to young to remember the original joystick waggling games like daley thompson decathlete, or the arcade track and field etc etc.

For me games like this are awesome. They bring back a childhood nostalgia as I remember snapping my old kempton while going for a world record pole vault.

As for damaging your screen - pah! It's a touch screen, it's meant to be touched, rubbed, prodded, poked and hurt.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I said this in the USA release and I'll say it again in here.

QUOTE said:
I guess you lot are all to young to remember the original joystick waggling games like daley thompson decathlete, or the arcade track and field etc etc.

For me games like this are awesome. They bring back a childhood nostalgia as I remember snapping my old kempton while going for a world record pole vault.

As for damaging your screen - pah! It's a touch screen, it's meant to be touched, rubbed, prodded, poked and hurt.

Oh I remember, I broke so many Kempstones , and those joystick didn't come cheap at the time, plus at one point they were also hard to find......
I still play DT Supertest and and some of the others in the series on my DS with ZXDS every once in a while, by remapping the controls over A and B, the DS buttons are so much more responsive than the old Speccy rubber keys....and much more durable than any Kempston joystick !

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Didn't particularly like it, it's just like rub your stylus left and right to run and hold down until crosshair hovers over target.. You get the idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all