DS #1992: Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles (USA)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's choppy, that's for sure. Some parts are smoother than others, but I've seen smother 3D on the Ds before.

It's not as bad as Brothers in Arms, but I just wish it was smoother.

Gameplay wise it's a good platformer. Combat is good so far and the touch screen mini games are ok.

One of them is essentially Elite Beat Agents with no music.

My only gripes are the frame rate and loading times. Everything else is bearable so far.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, it kinda reminds me of those Pirates of the Caribbean games. I like it. Maybe not everyone's type of game, but it seems like it will be fun. I just got to the part where a dude is telling you to go find a chalice. I've never played any AC games before, so I don't know how it compares to any of them.

Yeah, the opening flyby is choppy. Rest of the game seems to run OK though. Seems less than 30-40 fps though.

Working fine on an R4.

(Yay! First post using our replacement modem!)

P

pasc

Man ! GREAT ! I think the way they did it was the best, I'm happy it isn't 3rd Person.

Another great ubisoft ds title ! Yay

EDIT: Cool sleath kills ! The only thing I found weird so far is that there is no VA in the vis.

EDIT 2: Rayder... Pirates of the Caribbean had a much worse Engine, much less freedom and a badder swordfight (althought 2 was nice )

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game officially blows.

Especially the part where you have to apply pressure points.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game officially blows.

Especially the part where you have to apply pressure points.

my touch screen is all out of whack in certain locations, which means that the minigame is preventing me from continuing in the game.

So what about the gameplay ?

Oh and: Can anyone explain the hype ? Is a brand name enough ?

It's stealth, you run around, get your weapon a few stages into the game, fighting is repetative.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I'm not surprised at the repetitive comments, the console version was uber repetitive.

I'm not that interested in the handheld version given I've finished the console, so I'm going to skip this one.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
lol i've had enough now, going to play my psp, keep dieing
frown.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games not that bad. Actually more then i expected. And yea fighting is repetitive.

It's actually almost exactly what I expected. The framerate is choppy, much like Bros. In Arm DS (of which I'm willing to bet this is the same graphics engine), the controls are just okay, the action gameplay elements are fun and somewhat inspired but are hindered somewhat by the controls, and the overall presentation lacks any polish. Playable, kinda fun, but not great. When Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (yes, shameless plug) arrives, then we'll know action greatness on the DS.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.