DS #1935: SuperLite 2500 Crimson Room (Japan)

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Huh? Is that a copy of FREE online game?

Google 'Crimson Room' and you'll see.

So let me know if this is different from that game. My DS possibly bricked. PM me if you think you can help me. I'm so desperate.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Hopefully it's been remade and includes the other 'room' games also.
I'm actually really excited about this and wish I'd brought my DS to work with me today! Might even try it on *GASP* an emu..

For anyone who hasn't heard of this and is thinking 'wtf', like wilddenim said, google it and try out the free flash game. It's very well made and really clever, will most likely drive you mad!
The author has since made some other room games, just as good, some better, and at the time it started a trend of 'copycat room' games popping up all over the place.

Oh yeah afaik the flash game had no Japanese text in it at all, so basically you should be able to get through this with ease, should be great with stylus!. The flash game has a leaderboard of best times, and some are under a minute so this MUST have more than just The Crimson Room lol!

daveteee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I remember correctly there's hardly any text in the game, just a lot of clicking around randomly since finding some items is really lame where you have to click on certain areas of the screen.

It'll be weird if there's only the one room in this entire game seeing as how it's not very long and able to be finished first time in about 30 minutes.

JusDaMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG.... Crimson ROOM?!?!?!?! this game drove me crazy!!!! so did viridian room!!!! WOWW.... wonder what's next? Tim Tang Test Quiz for DS?

BTW, anyone played a Flash Based game where THeres this guy who trips on a bike then Flies up and down. and theres these girls that punch him with supers that go farther?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Checking it out now. Crimson Room, Viridian Room, Blue Chamber and White Chamber are included, as well as a fifth option that's in Japanese.

Edit: There is a lot of text (mainly item/environment descriptions), and it's all Japanese. It should still be playable, but it will require more random trial and error.

Edit #2: Rom size is 64 megabits BTW.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's been a long time since I played the Flash version, but the graphics seem the same (except lower resolution). Mostly just untextured polygons.

I've only checked out Crimson Room so far, so the other rooms might be different, but I'm guessing it's as straight a port as possible. Crimson Room may be cool, but this release is still basically shovelware.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's been a long time since I played the Flash version, but the graphics seem the same (except lower resolution). Mostly just untextured polygons.

I've only checked out Crimson Room so far, so the other rooms might be different, but I'm guessing it's as straight a port as possible. Crimson Room may be cool, but this release is still basically shovelware.

Well, it does belong to the "2500" line, which, AFAIK, is pretty much like the Simple series: cheap soft. Worth a try, nevertheless. I LOVED the Blue Room some years ago. Best atmosphere on a Flash game EVA.

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nanaca Crash is fun.
biggrin.gif

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
I played the DS versions too. I also liked the look and playability better, but they're still essentially the same (tiny) games. Also, while Crimson Room and Viridian Room are both cool, Blue Chamber and White Chamber are simply LAME.

Definitely not worth the 2500 yen purchase price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more