DS #1867: John Deere: Harvest in the Heartland (USA)

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Joke topic right?
I get it
rofl2.gif

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll give it a few minutes for fun, hah
I wonder if you could turn crops into corn mazes and stuff, that would be kind of fun, make huge ass corn mazes that spell words or whatever....

Random fact. I took my girlfriend for a plane ride for valentines a few years back, we flew over this town and some guy made a pond in his backyard in the shape of the deere in the john deere logo. It's a BIG pond too, probably has fish in it...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its actually a really really deep game but its just not fun! Wasn't expecting much due to reviews but then lesser known games seem to always get bad reviews so I tried it anyway, sadly it sucks.

Loading is horrible too.

Slipurson

Trophies
Website
www.slipurson.nu
XP
Country
It is kind of fun, but as hadrian said.. the loading.. is waaay to long, and if you for example just have loaded into your farm and by accident for some reason happen press up while it is loading, the game has started like a half a second before the loading... screen is gone so you just walk out of the farm again.. for another loading... screen
biggrin.gif

but other then that i found it pretty fun to just mess around with until he game froze for me after i had expanded, built irrigation systems etc etc and i hadnt saved
frown.gif
so i guess it will be awhile before this is started on my DS again
biggrin.gif
to much hassle tilling/watering/picking up crops from 3-4 fields with just 1 at the time until you buy a traktor
biggrin.gif

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its actually a really really deep game but its just not fun! Wasn't expecting much due to reviews but then lesser known games seem to always get bad reviews so I tried it anyway, sadly it sucks.

Loading is horrible too.

This guy hits the nail right on the head. There's a lot of thought in the game's design but playing it feels like a chore.

(maybe that was intentional as farm work is very difficult...ignore this aside, I'm just thinking outloud.)

Anyway I can't understand why a game like this would have load times? Lazy devs? It doesn't make sense.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Feels just like a Harvest Moon clone, the difference is
SOOOOOO FREAKING EASY
Making money is easy, winning contests is easy, with the power of John Deere machines (I think this game is supposed to be like a John Deere advertisement giveaway demo) taking care of 15x15 field is a joke.

If anyone finds Harvest Moon TOO DIFFICULT, this is the game to go...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN